MAJOR gear additions this week - One is a very noteworthy custom guitar

ten56gibby

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

a typical parts build is $600-$900 with a guaranteed perfect setup

I've looked at your Myspace before... you've done some quite impressive pieces. I've been looking into some custom tele builders recently but was never quite sure what your time frame/prices are running at. I'll send you an add and hopefully I'll get a bulleting when you're accepting orders again. :)

EDIT: Myspace said you only accept people who know you. :o

• Members
I've looked at your Myspace before... you've done some quite impressive pieces. I've been looking into some custom tele builders recently but was never quite sure what your time frame/prices are running at. I'll send you an add and hopefully I'll get a bulleting when you're accepting orders again.
:)

EDIT: Myspace said you only accept people who know you.
:o

really? I think i made so you needed to know my last name.... which is obvious. I have people i know request friendship often.

• Members

Sweet!

BTW, I have to ask... Having a neck you prepped, how do you do the logo as you applied to my neck? I assume his is the same. Or have you moved onto waterslide decals?

I don't think waterslides is "moving on". I hate working with the things and they are only really good if you are gonna put on a thicker finish than I like to use. I do have waterslide material here.

I like the vinyl logo's. They stay put and look better and more "saturated" than the waterslides.

• Members

I bet he's playing it right now.

Just set it down to post these pics :)

opening.jpg

greatfocus01.jpg

oncouch01.jpg

Plays and sounds fantastic! The BG P90 is hotter than I was expecting but it's not a bother. It's been a while since I took a P90 out of one of my other Teles so I had forgotten how full they sound. It's got the lowest action of all my guitars aside from my LP. I'm really digging the compound radius on the neck too. It just feels natural. The bridge pickup (SD stk-t2 stacked single coil) is the same as I have in another Tele so it's the same familiar tone and response. There's honestly not a thing to complain about. The tuners feel really tight, but that's not a complaint. Atrox, I know I've told you how great this guitar is via email - but now that I've plugged it in and really heard what it can do, I can fully appreciate everything this guitar is.

• Members

I'm glad you are digging it. let the tuners break in a bit. They tend to be tight at first and will feel more natural over time.

I hope it is all you had hoped it would be

Edit: the Warmoth compound radius is the reason why i do not often build my own necks. I just love their necks!

Archived