Video of me playing

fuzzylogic220

• Members

just a matter of personal taste, i'd go for an Overdrive pedal like the Cusack Screamer or an Ibanez TS-9. I think whatever pedal you have for your distortion is covering up some great tones that you can get from a PRS. PRS's can have a really great overdriven sound, Jimmy Herring is someone to check out who really nails that.

Otherwise, i thought your playing was good, keep it up!

• Members

Try switching pickups once in a while.
Work the volume for dynamics.
Break up your single note lines with double stops or chord melodies.
Harmonics and whammy are good suggestions as well.

I got bored after the first 3 or four minutes. I could fast foward of reverse and it all pretty much sounded the same after a while.

Good playing, keep at it. You just need to break it up somewhat.

• Members

I enjoyed it,looking for a hat like that!:) It's sorta difficult to hold attention that long using the same "sounds" and all...especially when you're using backing tracks...at least when we listen to Satch,SRV,or whoever,there's a band doing some things that "break-up" the absolute concentration on the guitarist..use more of your tonal pallet for dynamics and emphesis,and if burning that much time,use some call and response type licks...just my worthless .02!

• Members

How could you improve? I think there's a fair amount of space you left open...

On your walls! More posters and pics on the walls! :poke:

Nice playing and phrasing. You've already talked about the tone, so that's covered. Great guitar too! Good job.

PaulS

• Members

Playing was fine, although not what I would have done over that backing track, less is more ;)

Tone wise, you need to get something that's going to give you a smoother, less buzzy OD. I recommend a Keeley TS808, less treble and more mids, and less or no delay. Try playing it clean, that's really going to show you the areas where you need to improve.

• Members

Nice, very melodic, and you play well over the changes. You definitely have a good ear. I think you could work on building "ideas" or phrases more. You are moving around the guitar really easily, no wrong notes, good time. But you are just moving from one phrase to the next. Throw in a bit more repetition. Play a phrase, repeat it, repeat it with some variation. Try some call and response type stuff. You aren't overplaying, but you could actually serve to leave more space. Play a lick and end it on a definitive note, leave a bit of space, and keep going. As I said, it's good, those are just some suggestions/ideas you might play with.

For the record, tone was really buzzy sounding to me.

Archived