Xaviere XV-560 semi-hollow with P-90's........

the new guy

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

910's??

A semi-hollow more like a 335 w/ chrome dogear P90s - anticipated in late December in ""Vintage Natural" which is a dark stain sanded off then clear coated plus the lemon Drop, Tobacco Sunburst, See-Through Cherry and Cherry sunburst. Also in Gloss Black and Gloss White cos' everybody asks for it."

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2121817&page=3

:thu:

• Members

A semi-hollow more like a 335 w/ chrome dogear P90s - anticipated in late December in ""Vintage Natural" which is a dark stain sanded off then clear coated plus the lemon Drop, Tobacco Sunburst, See-Through Cherry and Cherry sunburst. Also in Gloss Black and Gloss White cos' everybody asks for it."

The 910 is what I'm waiting for. I don't know why I say waiting... I have bought 3 Xavieres this year alone. The p90's in my XV-600 are rocking!

• Members

Those are REALLY nice, but just not my style.

Does anyone have an idea about what I was wondering earlier about the difference between the LP with the F-holes and the XV500? What is the difference in sound and sustain?

Thanks.

• Members

It's a tough call. Generally, a semi-hollow will be a bit middier, more resonant, a bit less bright, and sustain a bit less than a solid body. However, with the solid tops, these are almost more like a chambered guitar with F holes, so the difference would be pretty subtle.

I just got mine, other than being surprisingly loud unplugged, I'd say the P90s have a lot more to do with its sound than the construction.

• Members

In my own opinion, this is a closer representation of the honeyburst, especially along the right (treble) side.

DSCN0532.jpg

Although, a darker exposure does show the figuring better...

DSCN0533.jpg

It's what I would consider a cherry sunburst, without a trace of the dreaded "clownburst" garishness. A nice, warmish cherry.

Edit: I just noticed, this angle makes it look like the quilt vacations on the bass side. Not so. It's a carved 3/4" top, the grain is very 3D, and flutters to the point of lying flat at some angles.

• Members

In my own opinion, this is a closer representation of the honeyburst, especially along the right (treble) side.

Although, a darker exposure
does
show the figuring better...

It's what I would consider a cherry sunburst, without a trace of the dreaded "clownburst" garishness. A nice, warmish cherry.

Edit: I just noticed, this angle makes it look like the quilt vacations on the bass side. Not so. It's a carved 3/4" top, the grain is very 3D, and flutters to the point of lying flat at some angles.

Bro, that's a great looking axe, you got there. Very nice figuring.:thu:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

DSCN0533.jpg

Bump for clips, and to give props to ermghoti again for his megahot 560.:thu::love:

Archived