Help me choose a new guitar!!! :D

John_McEnroe

• Members

So I already have an AVRI Jazzmaster which I love, but I need a second guitar as a backup. I have narrowed my choices down to 4...

-Jaguar HH from Japan

-AVRI Jaguar

-Telecaster 72 Custom from Japan

-American Telecaster Standard

Waht do you think? I can't make up my mind. :facepalm:

• Members

I actually already have the jag HH, but I would have to sell it to get any of the others.

Part of me thinks it would be sweet to have an american jag to go with my american jazzmaster, but that doesn't seem like the most versatile choice; great for indie rock, but I am stuck with two pretty distinctive sounds that might not work for all styles. If I go with the tele though I don't really have access to any humbucker tones... which is why I included the 72 custom.

Up until 2 days ago I thought I wanted a gibson 335 to compliment the jazzmaster, but I played a bunch at the store and Gibson guitars just aren't for me...

(Yes I know I posted this thread earlier by mistake, I thought it hadn't gone through so I made it again with a poll... sorry :D

• Members

So the Standard Tele comes up tops. I do like that guitar a lot. Are there any other telecasters worth checking out? I tried playing the highway one and didn't like it so much. The american tele deluxe was nice but the black finish was sort of hideous with those gold flecks. I haven't had a chance to try a 62 reissue tele yet.

You guys don't think I would miss not having humbuckers if all I had was the jazzmaster and the tele?

• Members
I actually already have the jag HH, but I would have to sell it to get any of the others.

(Yes I know I posted this thread earlier by mistake, I thought it hadn't gone through so I made it again with a poll... sorry
:D

I would keep the Jaguar HH. Just more my style! :thu: And I've done this several times, no big deal dude!

Archived