The GFS Partscaster Build - LOTS OF PICS!!!

fulcrumpoint

• Members

The parts:

The New British Racing Green GFS Stratocaster Body

GFS Alnico 62' Single Coil Mint Green PG w/ Cream Covers

Graph-Tech Graphite Nut

GFS Copper Shielding

GFS Nickel PG Screws

Fender 6 Screw Trem/Claw/5 springs - (Temporary for Build)

Fender Jack Plate

Fender Neck Plate and Screws

Switchcraft Jack

50th Anniversary Fender MIM Maple Neck - (Temporary for Build until a Fender Rosewood Deluxe Neck comes in)

American Deluxe Locking "F" Tuning Machines

Dunlop Straploks (Chrome)

D'addario 10-46 Strings - I prefer 11's but all my home strats are strung with 10's for practing scales/chords

The Package from GFS:

Upon opening the Package ordered on Monday and Received on Thursday. I was happy with Jay's normally quick shipping. Everything was packed extremely well. I opened up the package, and the PG looks to be of great quality. The wiring and solders are top notch and the Pups look beefy. Next was the Body. Wow, Jay wasn't kidding a Squier Bullet feels like a brick. A chia pet might weigh more than this body. We are talking beyond Parker light. But, this is a plus for the stage guitar and my personal tastes. I love lightweight guitars, you can play them for hours.:thu:

GFSBritishGreenPartscasterBuild002.jpg

GFSBritishGreenPartscasterBuild004.jpg

GFSBritishGreenPartscasterBuild005.jpg

GFSBritishGreenPartscasterBuild007.jpg

GFSBritishGreenPartscasterBuild011.jpg

GFSBritishGreenPartscasterBuild012.jpg

GFSBritishGreenPartscasterBuild014.jpg

GFSBritishGreenPartscasterBuild015.jpg

GFSBritishGreenPartscasterBuild016.jpg

The Trial Fit:

This was the Test. To see if alot of Fender parts would correctly fit on the bodies as advertised. Starting out the test fit. The neck, body, trem, and PG were placed together to check for correct fit and to check scale length of 25.5" On the test fit, everything seemed to fit perfectly. The only thing that was a little suspect was the trem route, but after a little tinkering it worked perfectly. The scale length was dead on 25.5. The only draw back was the gap that has been documented with the tele bodies between the end of neck and the end of the neck route. This should not be an issue. I have seen way worse even on some MIA strats. The top side and bottom of the pocket were as tight as I have seen in a while. I was really impressed here.

• Members

The Build:

Here we go.

The Neck was rebolted to the body.

GFSBritishGreenPartscasterBuild017.jpg

GFSBritishGreenPartscasterBuild020.jpg

After this came for the shielding of the body cavity, easily done and very clean.

GFSBritishGreenPartscasterBuild018.jpg

GFSBritishGreenPartscasterBuild019.jpg

Then bolted down the PG to the body using a regular screwdriver to ensure no spliting or tearing of the wood.

GFSBritishGreenPartscasterBuild022.jpg

GFSBritishGreenPartscasterBuild023.jpg

Next up, Soldering the input

GFSBritishGreenPartscasterBuild027.jpg

Fastened the Trem to the body

GFSBritishGreenPartscasterBuild024.jpg

Soldered the Ground to the Trem Claw and attached the Springs

GFSBritishGreenPartscasterBuild028.jpg

GFSBritishGreenPartscasterBuild029.jpg

• Members

Installed Strap Locks and here it is before Stringing

GFSBritishGreenPartscasterBuild031.jpg

GFSBritishGreenPartscasterBuild032.jpg

GFSBritishGreenPartscasterBuild034.jpg

Now I am waiting on the wife to get home with the mail, My Graph-Tech Nut is in!!! Once it is installed, Time for the stringing and setup. The Final evaluation is coming soon with pics and vids.....

• Members

I've just one thing to say...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................OMG, can i please have your guitar.:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

• Members

i couldn't see the screws holes for the bridge, did you have drill those?

You have to drill everything but the Neck Bolts.....It wasnt that big of a deal, It actually made it feel like more of a build than just slapping together some parts and calling it a day:thu:

More on the way, I threw on a set of strings cause I couldnt resist to hear the pups and play a little. I roughed out the setup.....:love:

• Members

It is the same depth as Fender, It was just a tad (not worth mentioning) thinner than the Deluxe I have here at the house. The difference was probably the tons of poly on the fender.

I am really digging how light this guitar is. The only thing I might do is swap out the block to a full size Block from GFS. But this is only for a little weight distribution. I am so use to strat bodies being the majority of the weight, and this is not the case. I havent weighed it in yet but I dont think it would measure without a digital scale. Its so even in weight, its crazy.

The wife is on the way home, so I can put the final touches together and take some shots and vids. The pups are great, with all the shielding there is barely any 60 cycle and the volume really cleans things up. I already give these a big :thu: :thu:

• Members

Got my body today. Pretty much flawless as far as I can tell. The heal end of the neck pocket fits my Fender pick guard perffectly. Have not tried to fit a neck yet but they should be fine.

Color looks a little deeper and richer then photo.

Picture002-1.jpg

Archived