Lace vs Seymour Duncan

pjackson92

• Members

Okay I will be buying this guitarhttp://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-09-SEE-THRU-ICE-CLEAR-ACRYLIC-STRAT-ELECTRIC-GUITAR_W0QQitemZ190315829051QQcategoryZ2384QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3907.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DFICS%252BUFI%252BUA%252BIA%252BUCI%26otn%3D15%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3DIve heard that the pickups are crap. So I will need to change them out pretty quickly. I want a strat like sound but it doesnt have to be exactly the same, I would like some versatility. my options are either s-s-s lace, h-s-s lace, or this seymour duncan in the bridge with two other single coilshttp://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-SHPR1-PRails-Bridge-Humbucker?sku=300341 which way should I go?

• Members

No idea on the pickups, but that guitar is actually kinda cool. It's pretty much screaming for either a mirrored or an aluminum pickguard though.

I think I'd go for noiseless single coil pickups in the neck and middle though... No shielding in the cavity and all. I think I'd go for Dimarzio Virtual Vintage Blues in the neck and middle and a Cruiser in the bridge.

• Members

No idea on the pickups, but that guitar is actually kinda cool. It's pretty much screaming for either a mirrored or an aluminum pickguard though.

I think I'd go for noiseless single coil pickups in the neck and middle though... No shielding in the cavity and all. I think I'd go for Dimarzio Virtual Vintage Blues in the neck and middle and a Cruiser in the bridge.

I was thinking a frosted acrylic pickguard because im going to install LEDs in the body under the pickguard

• Members

Ive heard from people that there has been volume problems when combining lace pickups with other manufactures.

Not really, the Laces have very little magnetic pull, so you can adjust them even much closer to the strings than conventional pickups if you need to do so to equalize the volume.

• Members

I get really tired of Seymore duncan...sure they make some nice pickups but a rail here and a whatever there....take a Lace Alumitone for bridge and 2 Lace hot gold for neck and middle....as HSS style

You can'T really compare the two pickups...it is already hard to compare LAce pickups to normal ones but Alumitones sond very open and shiny and direct and the sensors are just heaven....you might also try out the Lace holy grail which is he best noiseless pickup on the market IMO....

• Members

lolz forget everything...get the 25th aniiversairy gold sensors...25_anniversary_gold.jpg

thats a see-thru guitar right? so you take 2 25th gold and 1 anniversairy red (you can only find the red ones in a special ebay store, so be fast)

:D:D:D

• Members

yeah but they are avaiable in red also but they are so rare....theres is a music shop which has the red see thru sensor as a signature series and they only have a few everyday to sell...copperhead.jpg

daamn thats sexy...if not try a purple for neck, RW/RP Silver for middle and Hot Bridge for (guess what?^^) the bridge...

Edit: after 20 minutes of searching i found the store for you: Ebay see thru Lace sensors red...that sounds awesome...and looks good, too :D

Edit2: bought a loaded pickguard of them...maybe i can use them anyhow^^ and don't worry there are enough left

• Members

I have Lace Sensors in my Strat: silver/neck, gold/middle, blue/bridge. I had a red in the bridge for a while but it was too harsh and edgy for my taste. The blue is only slighter lower in output than the red but has a nice warm fat sound and lots of punch with distortion for leads - very nice. I'm a big fan of Lace pickups. Although I also like Duncans and have a Little 59 in my Tele bridge, as well as Jazz, Seth Lover, and Custom Custom in other guitars.

• Members

the thought hit me what if instead of a fiveway switch I put in three two way switches in the guitar so that I could control each pickup individually. Is that possible?

new configuration: purple neck, blue mid, and burgundy bridge.

Archived