My First Act Sheena Story

Songman68

• Members

Hey gang. I'm just curious. How many FA guitars does everyone here own, and what models? I'm just wondering if I'm starting to collect too many!!
:poke::thu:

I currently have:
2-VW Garagemasters, one white/white, one white/red
1-Sheena, and another on the way!
1-ME434-modded
1-ME952-heavily modded
1-ME501-modded

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The UPS guy dropped the guitar off tonight and I am busy getting the relief adjusted on it. The neck is now pretty close and I think I'll let it sit overnight and check it again tomorrow. The fret ends on mine are sharp and will need to be dressed. I didn't get the model with the MOP binding, but that is alright with me, I really don't care for MOP on the binding anyway. It is definately a good deal on a nice guitar. I think that after a good setup it will be a player. The strings just don't feel good and I think I will put a set of Slinky Hybrids on it. I got the inspection report with mine too and it got an initial score of 6 that was revised to a 9.

• Members
Hey gang. I'm just curious. How many FA guitars does everyone here own, and what models? I'm just wondering if I'm starting to collect too many!!

:poke:
:thu:

I currently have:

1-ME434-modded

1-ME952-heavily modded

1-ME501-modded

Well, I have 2 Sheenas... Been following the Sheena threads pretty much from the beginning. I recieved my first one on 12/26 and was impressed enough that when the next payday rolled around, I ordered a second one. I received #2 today and while it's not quite as perfect as the first one, it's still a great guitar that I'm proud to own. Never thought I'd make that statement about a First Act guitar but these are really nice, even at 3 or 4 times the price. If there's anyone who's still on the fence about these, you really need to buy one before they're gone because you won't likely run across a deal like this again. Hell, the pickups alone are worth the price! Next payday, if they're not sold out, I just might order a third Sheena! :thu:

P.S. Be prepared to do some setup work on these but it'll be well worth it when you get it dialed in.

• Members

:poke:

I currently have:

1-ME434-modded

1-ME952-heavily modded

1-ME501-modded

1- VW Garagemaster

2- Sheenas

1- Delia Bolt On

1- Lola that has sprouted frets and I am working on those.

1- VA-881 Amp

• Members

Damn, that's screwed up!! Well, look at all the road testing you get to do of various different Sheenas. At least they are willing to send a replacement BEFORE you send back the bad one.

I'm beginning to think it's a plot to use my place as an adjunct to their warehouse.

• Members

Seems like a lot of "blems" and "seconds" arriving these days. Mine arrived perfect and scored high on the FA scale (10) back in December. I wonder if they've reached the bottom of the pile and they keep shipping them around hoping that someone will say, "well, {censored}, it's not worth my time to ship it back for $99."

• Members

Just got mine today - lowered the action and adjusted the neck and very happy right now. Tommorrow I will change the strings. There are some finish flaws on the back of the guitar and the binding on the fretboard at the neckjoint looks sloppy, but all frets are good and it plays well so I not sending this one back. I was suprised at the quality of the tuners, this is something I always change on cheap import guitars, but these seem great. I am glad I got my Sheena, been on the fence for a month now and feel lucky these were still around, although the rate people are buying and exchanging them they have got to be running low.

• Members

I'm sitting here playing my new Sheena and thinking that I don't have another guitar that comes close to sounding like this one. It just has a very distinct sound that I really enjoy. I was noodling around with fingerpicking some cord progressions and it sounded really great. I really like this guitar.

• Members
Do you guys know if all Sheenas are a one piece body? I was cleaning mine last night and noticed the back didn't show any lines where the wood was glued, and all the grain pattern matched evenly. So apparently mine is a one piece body?! Is this normal. Either way, WOW.

Yeah, I believe it is a one piece body as well. At least, mine is. That and the fact that other FA's I've got have one piece bodies, like the ME501, etc. Sweet, huh?? :thu:

• Members

Yeah, I believe it is a one piece body as well. At least, mine is. That and the fact that other FA's I've got have one piece bodies, like the ME501, etc. Sweet, huh??

They must have a good collection of fat poplar trees in China. I'll have to check mine when I get home tonight.

• Members

Mine's a one piece body as well. Gotta say I like the guitar more and more each day....really love the bridge pup...

It's funny how they grow on you. I first thought the bridge was kind of harsh, but I've come to like it more too. The tone control on this guitar is one of the best I've had. It really manages to roll off the biting highs without sounding muffled or muddy.

• Members

The electronics alone are worth the $100. I called the luthier (a well respected one in Nashville) to check on it today. After I told him which guitar was mine, he said "oh yeah...I LIKE that guitar."

I think the reason these are $99 is that these have a lower inspection score. I can live with a few minor finish flaws and putting an extra $45 into a pro set up. These just sound so darn good, unlike anything in my collection.

Archived