NGD: Bacchus Duke Standard HB

ArKay

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, that thing is absolutely gorgeous.
:thu:
Did we discuss price yet? If I didn't know better, I'd swear that the fretboard was Brazilian Rosewood (a lot of black vein).

Thanks :) The guitar was ~1,166USD + shipping. Not cheap, but even after 23,4% customs (VAT & import tax) still a lot less than a LP Standard in my country.

I put some Fret Doctor on the fingerboard. Originally it was a little brighter as you can see in the last 2 pics which I had taken first after removing the stock strings.

There are faaaar fancier Bacchus models out there which can cost up to twice as much. Mine doesn't have a single-piece back (I think, it's really hard to tell since they bookmatch so well!) nor Braz. rosewood, but you can get that.

http://nagoyaguitar.com/?mode=cate&cbid=344616&csid=1

• Members

Well I have heard about those in rather hushed tones, kinda in the same conversation as the older Tokai Love Rocks I think. Really one of the best looking Sunbursts I've ever seen.:love: We hear a lot about Edwards but not much about Bacchus. If you get a chance maybe you can post some clips or even A/B sometime.:poke:

• Members

Well I have heard about those in rather hushed tones, kinda in the same conversation as the older Tokai Love Rocks I think. Really one of the best looking Sunbursts I've ever seen.
:love:
We hear a lot about Edwards but not much about Bacchus. If you get a chance maybe you can post some clips or even A/B sometime.:poke:

They don't use the Gibson headstock (anymore) so they are probably not as desirable :lol:

http://www.guitarsjapan.com/deviserinfopage.html

I suck at clips, I have only started 'playing' after I signed up here. To make things worse I've been working in another city for 1 1/2 years, I'm only home for the weekends. Not much time for practice.

• Members

Hey don't sweat it my friend. I've never posted clips either, because I have this prehistoric Compaq with an oozing mother board that after a few recoveries no longer works in certain applications.

I feel for you on the commute thing.:cry: I may lose my sanity without access to a guitar most 24/7. Anyway, your guitars are waaaay too nice to be neglected.:poke:

• Members

Hey don't sweat it my friend. I've never posted clips either, because I have this prehistoric Compaq with an oozing mother board that after a few recoveries no longer works in certain applications.

I feel for you on the commute thing.
:cry:
I may lose my sanity without access to a guitar most 24/7. Anyway, your guitars are waaaay too nice to be neglected.:poke:

I have posted clips in the past, and it didn't get me banned :lol:

I am staying in a hotel room and carrying a guitar to work and back home every week is too much hustle, gotta take a few busses and a couple of trains.

I'm going to move next month and then I will have plenty of space, my own music room and the evenings with my guitars.

• Members

No Edwards since they don't make plain top LPs.

I had actually considered getting a Tokai before I settled on this Bacchus, but I couldn't find it in a finish I liked here in Europe. There are Tokais in the UK...

ls135tbb2.jpg

That's a LS-135 (used to be 150 up until last year AFAIK) so it has good specs, comparable to the Bacchus, but I think the Bacchus was the better choice. The price was about the same and I don't need a Gibson headstock so I just went for it. Maybe an SG, strat or tele clone?

A Japanese Fender Jaguar would be cool... Not the black model they are selling outside of Japan though! I find black boring, Gunmetal Redburst however :thu:

311191400.jpg

An Eastwood JR Elite would be nice as well ;)

Yamaha SG 1000 or 2000... Too much stuff, really.

Just realized that I already have guitars from most of those brands, hmmm...

Well, there's still Framus of course (Panthera & the vintage Framus Nashville, beautiful guitar)... Seen an old Hoyer LP once which blew me away, an older, rare model. An Aria PE would be sweet as well, Japanese or Korean.

I'm also intrigued by Hagstrom guitars.

• Members

No Edwards since they don't make plain top LPs.

I had actually considered getting a Tokai before I settled on this Bacchus, but I couldn't find it in a finish I liked here in Europe. There are Tokais in the UK...

ls135tbb2.jpg

That's a LS-135 (used to be 150 up until last year AFAIK) so it has good specs, comparable to the Bacchus, but I think the Bacchus was the better choice. The price was about the same and I don't need a Gibson headstock so I just went for it. Maybe an SG, strat or tele clone?

A Japanese Fender Jaguar would be cool... Not the black model they are selling outside of Japan though! I find black boring, Gunmetal Redburst however
:thu:

311191400.jpg

An Eastwood JR Elite would be nice as well
;)

Yamaha SG 1000 or 2000... Too much stuff, really.

Just realized that I already have guitars from most of those brands, hmmm...

Well, there's still Framus of course (Panthera & the vintage Framus Nashville, beautiful guitar)... Seen an old Hoyer LP once which blew me away, an older, rare model. An Aria PE would be sweet as well, Japanese or Korean.

I'm also intrigued by Hagstrom guitars.

Good luck...thats alot on your plate!

Archived