NGD: Bacchus Duke Standard HB

ArKay

• Members

Sweet...Bacchus is the {censored} as far as I'm concerned..Bang for your buck is amazing....and I haven't even played one! It's funny when I first got into the japanese replicas I really wanted a proper headstock...but now I could totally care less. If it has it great...if not who cares. And the Bacchus one looks great anyway. In some ways I've totally stopped looking at them as "copies" and "replicas"....to me they're just awesome guitars.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The older BLS models had the Gibson headstock... I don't know when they stopped using it. I do know though that Deviser had stopped making Bacchus guitars for unknown reasons a couple of years ago, maybe it had to do with the headstock.

A good guitar is a good guitar, if the headstock isn't totally radical I don't care what it looks like :)

• Members

All right, thats good. There are some nice guitars on that site and for decent prices.

Cheaper than most of the eBay sellers for sure :D Here's how their ordering process works...

Dear Rainer

Thank you very much for your enquiry.

Total price will be:

Bacchus Duke Standard (HB) with gig bag --------JPY108,000

Shipping & Handling -------------------------JPY18,000

Total-------------------------------------JPY126,000

-Pay by bank transfer*

*Applicant needs to pay all bank charges including JPY1,500

charge inside Japan.

Please be forewarned that we cannnot to ship the order if

customer fails to pay bank charges.

Please make the payment to the account below.

*-Pay with credit card*

1.Please send us documents below by FAX(+81-3-3986-3616) or in

PDF.

I. Two IDs (like passport, diver's license, water bill,

electricity bill etc.)

*At least one of them should include your shipping address.

II. Photocopy of front & back of the credit card.

2.Please submit your card information using the following URL.

https://www.kurosawagakki.com/form.html

3.We will let you know if you can use the card for the payment or

not by mail.

4.The funds will be charged on the credit card.

If you'd like to order this guitar, please mail us your

information listed below.

• Members

Huge fan of the Bacchus guitars, I have an even dozen at this time and always looking for more but now that they`ve been `discovered` by people overseas I can`t seem to find them at $400.oo anymore... used to get em new at the local LAOX shop but they closed 5 or 6 years ago.
Not sure they ever stopped making Bacchus guitars, about a decade ago they stopped building their precise clones of the US big two to concentrate on their own designs, some of which still survive today. But maybe things didn`t work out they way they`d hoped...not selling as many as they`d have liked I guess...`cause a couple of years after, they began building clones again, and shortly after that came the Universe series...so there have been Bacchus guitars of one form or another since I`ve been in Japan...I have the catalogs showing all the changes that the company went through, and some faxes I printed out after getting a couple of their limited run guitars...like the SRV Charly and the Muddy Waters tele...have one of the first limited run SRV #1s too with the brass bridgeblocl, later models came with a steel block. Even at the peak of their clone production they offered high end models, I got one Bacchus tele at the LAOX closing out sale that retailed for $2000.oo but I picked it up at about 70% off that price, came stock with Fralins and is an absolutely fantastic guitar...thought it was a bit too much money at the time, and came this close to not buying buy after what has has happened to prices of Bacchus from that period, it was a good buy. There was one of those high end Les Paul types on line recently, model number included DX...deluxe...and it was priced at 100,ooo, quite a bargain for such a high end model and I didn`t bid on it. I saw one of those in LAOX 10 or so years ago and it was 200,ooo yen...which was a whole lot for a Bacchus considering I was getting tele customs for 40,ooo, `course if I knew then what I know now I`d have a dozen more Bacchus guitars. Still, I`ve been very lucky and own more fabulous guitars than any one player could possibly use in a single lifetime...life...is good.

• Members

I had found this, dunno if it's accurate...

http://www.guitarsjapan.com/deviserinfopage.html

In 2005, Bacchus (sadly) discontinued their Fender and Gibson replica lines for unknown (at this time) reasons. I was in

Japan at the time of the announcement and it lead to a final collecting "craze" by the Japanese, a final attempt to buy up any

and all existing Bacchus vintage stock from all shops in and around Tokyo. Prices soared and these fine instruments literally

disappeared from the market altogether remarkably fast. You can find them on eBay occasionally and they are usually

underpriced due to skepticism. These guitars will be highly collectible in the future and are very good investments.

I think the price is still fair, it was 108,000JPY so about the same as a Tokai with the same features would cost. More than an Edwards, but built entirely in Japan :)

I'm curious about the Universe series, but I don't feel like importing one. There's a Bacchus Europe homepage now so maybe they will start selling them here soon. I saw them at MusikMesse in Frankfurt this year.

• Members

I do know though that Deviser had stopped making Bacchus guitars for unknown reasons a couple of years ago, maybe it had to do with the headstock.

this is what I`m referring to. They never really stopped making Bacchus guitars, designs have changed over the years as have headstocks...and they now have another newer series that I see on Digimart with the headstock seen on the G-Studios for example.

They had Bacchus Junior for a while, they made the Riverheads too that closely resembled the Bacchus models of the same era. They had something called Juno. The Brians go back to at least the early `80s `cause I see them advertised in the old magazines I have from then. All of mine come from the original series...the models that were precise clones of the MIAs...I see that when they decided to start recloning they then used the term vintage in the 2004 catalog I have, but in the 1997 catalogs I have, theres no English word vintage...but on the back page of a 4 page flyer they do list the limited run of the SRV "1s, the Beck Esquire and the Clapton strat...those wre the years that everybody is after now. By the turn of the decade designs changed, and when they reintrodeced the clones, the limited models I menttion above seem to have been production guitars, and even those are not seen up here, in fact there are zero bacchus guitars in any of the local shops...new or used...and when I do see them I grab them before anybody else does. There was a time not so long ago nobody wanted them, thats why I was buying them for 40,ooo yen, now I can`t even get them used at that price...thanks everybody.

the new series are called the Global series and the Craft series.

Archived