Would you pay 1,250EUR/1,760USD for this?

ArKay

• Members

Found it in a local forum and the specs made it sound very intriguing, but after I've seen the pics I'm not so sure anymore :idk:

Certificate%20Gibson%20Les%20Paul.jpg

GibsonGibson

GibsonGibson

Gibson

He supposedly paid twice as much for it when he bought it in 2002.

• Members

If I was interested I would surely do that.

It looks like a fancy studio so I'm wondering why he paid so much money for it back then. Is it really going to be collectible one day? It's not a re-issue just a limited edition model with mixed specs.

• Members

Looks like a studio plus to me. Not a bad guitar but nothing to fall off my chair. The "certificate" is ridiculous. Talking about the evolution during the 50's of a guitar that was introduced much later (the Studio) is ludicrous. Probably 490/498, grover tuners, etc.

I have a similar LP (Gary Moore sig LP) that is probably a little better (maybe not by much) and would sell about that price.

LPGMsig.jpg

• Members

It looks nice enough and might play well. The Grovers are a 90s thing, aren't they? TBH Gibson have released so many variations on the LP that it's hard to see anything but the custom shop models actually accumulating value in real terms in the next 20 years.

Guess the question I'd ask (assuming it IS authentic) is whether it plays great or not, because it's a lot of money for a studio with a nice top and a certificate that few people will care about.

Archived