New 2005 unplayed broken Strat?

Marshack

• Members

What to do with this guitar?

Don't ask, but I have a USA standard from 2005 with a beautiful 3 tone busrt. The bad news is that the neck was ripped off, and chunks of wood was pulled off by the screws. One being big enough to clearly show if the neck was back on.:facepalm: Also there is a tick tack size dent on the front of the upper horn, and one on the back of the neck near the 3rd fret. Other wise it is new and unplayed! It is in the case, and has been since new.

What is this worth? What do I do with this thing? I'm picky so I don't want to repair it for myself. I could get some pics....

Here's the before: It still looks just as new except for the issues, that happened just after the pic was taken.

st1.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hard to say anything about value without proper pics....but....In my guesstimation you would make the most money by parting it out. Paring out guitars usually takes longer than selling it whole so...something to consider.

I am sure plenty of folks here on HC would give you a fair price on any part of that guitar .

• Members

Would like to see some of the broken pics.

Get a Fender Lic body from one of the many vendors that make them and reassemble the guitar! If you don't have the ability to do it, I can and there are many other people around who can. If you are interested, send me an email and I'll give you a quote.

Archived