Flight 666

BowerR65

• Members

That band is a well oiled machine. How old are those guys now?

New station on HD cable called palladia showing some live concerts in HD and i watched a little of this show. I must say these guys have really managed to keep it together quite well.

They all still seem to enjoy it also, imagine that.:eek:

• Members

I honestly can't believe Bruce Dickinson still sings like he does.

Alot of the guys from that era have lost their range, which is expected. Rob Halford is one that can't hit 'em like he used to. That's fine, because he had an insane range to begin with.

But Bruce keeps on going.

• Members
I honestly can't believe Bruce Dickinson still sings like he does.

That was one thing i noticed and the rest of the band is still ripping fast.

Pounding on the drums like that at 50, both guitar players and harris hes still just as fast as he was. He actualy looks like he could be a 50 year old long hair pro athlete.

I like the footage during the show about the tour. Bruce said somthig like "this isnt an antique song tour" he said "this is a tour for all the young fans that missed us in the 80s" he said alot of the fans are still young so it was a show for the new fans. I thought that was kinda cool.

When they panned threw the crowd it actualy looked like an HD 80s crowd. There were alot of young people who seem to be loving it.

Really cool stuff.:thu:

• Members
That was one thing i noticed and the rest of the band is still ripping fast.

Pounding on the drums like that at 50, both guitar players and harris hes still just as fast as he was. He actualy looks like he could be a 50 year old long hair pro athlete.

I like the footage during the show about the tour. Bruce said somthig like "this isnt an antique song tour" he said "this is a tour for all the young fans that missed us in the 80s" he said alot of the fans are still young so it was a show for the new fans. I thought that was kinda cool.

When they panned threw the crowd it actualy looked like an HD 80s crowd. There were alot of young people who seem to be loving it.

Really cool stuff.
:thu:

I can't believe I missed this tour...Thats what I want is an antique song concert, everything up to 7th son.

• Members

They are immortal and have been around for hundreds, perhaps thousands of years. They are so good because the music they write is designed for live play. They have never really had any mainstream media coverage or airplay because they are perceived as satanists. They make all of this up by being one of, if not the best live act ever.

Anyone notice how Janick is staring to look more and more like Eddie himself?

• Members

I wish they'd ditch Janick. I grew up on Adrian and now that he is back, they just don't need Janick anymore. He doesn't offer any shred of substance to the band other than awful tone and solos.

Flight 666 was a great documentary. If anything, i would say they have improved over the years. The Flight 666 CD is much more listenable that Live After Death... and I thought Live After Death was one of the best live albums ever.

• Members

I was lucky enough to have seen the slavery tour...and the somewhere on tour and the seventh son tour back in the day....you could say I was/am a fan.

I just watched 666 the other night and yeah the band is still killing...man they are tight. Great to see. I'm glad maiden were the first band I ever really got into cause they are an example of integrity in music.

The movie itself was OK. I don't know though...the director didn't really do anything except show screaming metal heads every scene making asses out of themselves. And then when there was an interesting scene like the kids getting {censored}ed over by the police in columbia he only spent a tiny bit of time on it. It would have been more interesting if he had delved more into the planning of the tour, more interesting interviews with fans and crew...etc...Over all it was about what I would expect from a Bonus Disc 2 of a live DVD...not a stand on it's own documentary.

Headbangers journey was much better.

• Members

I like the South America footage. Those dudes down there absolutely go insane and love this {censored}. Iron Maiden is the best old school heavy metal band no doubt. Excellent lyrics, vocals, guitar work and songs. Who is the third guitar player though?

• Members

I like the South America footage. Those dudes down there absolutely go insane and love this {censored}. Iron Maiden is the best old school heavy metal band no doubt. Excellent lyrics, vocals, guitar work and songs. Who is the third guitar player though?

ugh Janick Gers. He replaced Adrian Smith for a while but Adrian came back and they kept him on...Maybe hes got a sweet contract, or maybe hes just a really cool guy, but clearly they don't need him anymore.

• Members

Yeah, and the singer has an ATP Pilot rating and flies the plane....!

Wow.... but why would he need a ATP for flying is own plane? Or is it a big jet?

I know I can fly a VLJ class jet with a simple Multi VFR license w/ specific type rating for the aircraft. I'd never fly it VFR though.... I'd at least want to up myself to a IFR.

• Members

In addition to being Maiden's frontman, Bruce Dickinson has a 'day job' flying Boeing 757s for Astraeus Airlines. The band chartered one of Astraeus' 757s and had it custom-fitted as half-cargo, half passengers. It's effectively the world's biggest splitter van

• Members

ugh Janick Gers. He replaced Adrian Smith for a while but Adrian came back and they kept him on...Maybe hes got a sweet contract, or maybe hes just a really cool guy, but clearly they don't need him anymore.

He's a friend of Bruces and Bruce was only going to return if both Adrian returned and Janick stayed.

Archived