Tremolo question.

Blackhell

• Members

I've got both and they have their own problems. It's easier to adjust intonation on non-locking trems because the intonation tool for my old original Ibanez Edge trem as rare as a unicorn. Floyds obviously have much better tuning stability and allow for more extreme trem use.

Generally I don't like trems much. All but 2 of my guitars have fixed bridges.

• Members

Floyd Roses are the easiest to maintain and to make work properly. It doesn't matter if it's licensed or original or an Ibanez version; they are all the same basic design. I've spent maybe 20 minutes setting one up from scratch and it will always return to pitch. The vintage Fender style ones can be damn near impossible to make work close to the same way and most times it's an exercise in futility.

• Members

None. I've never thought about a guitar that didn't have one "Gee, I wish this had a trem", but the converse is frequently true - I've often thought "I wish this guitar didn't have this piece of sh*t trem!"... I find 'em more trouble than they're worth...

• Members

Tremelo is volume change, vibrato pitch change.

Rapid and small, specifically.

Tremolo is rapid crescendo and decrescendo.

Vibrato is glissando above and (in most cases, often called "true vibrato") below a note, not necessarily going up an entire step or half step in pitch..

Archived