NGD: Hamer Special P90 (1992)

ArKay

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hamer USA guitars are the best, bar none. I would kill for a special like that. I had a regular doublecut a while back, but sold it because I couldn't stand the look (I don't dig flametops)... I still regret it.

Congrats! :thu:

• Members

A month ago I bought the same guitar ( but a dark sunburst model), second hand. I payed 750 euro's for it. It is in excellent condition (good case also). I wanted a P90 guitar and could choise between a Godin P90, a PRS (MIK) and the Hamer Special. Although I'm a big Godin fan (I own a LGX - great guitar -, and a Godin 5th avenue King Pin) , I choose the Hamer although it was much more expensive.

It is a wonderfull guitar, very basic but whith a great sound. Good playability and very well build. Hamer stands for quality. Check their website: every instrument is handcrafted. Therefore I had no problem to pay that price.

No chance to find a second hand Gibson for that price in Europe. And Hamer is far from inferior to the Gibsons I ever tried.

• Members

Thanks guys :wave:

A month ago I bought the same guitar ( but a dark sunburst model), second hand. I payed 750 euro's for it. It is in excellent condition (good case also). I wanted a P90 guitar and could choise between a Godin P90, a PRS (MIK) and the Hamer Special. Although I'm a big Godin fan (I own a LGX - great guitar -, and a Godin 5th avenue King Pin) , I choose the Hamer although it was much more expensive.

It is a wonderfull guitar, very basic but whith a great sound. Good playability and very well build. Hamer stands for quality. Check their website: every instrument is handcrafted. Therefore I had no problem to pay that price.

No chance to find a second hand Gibson for that price in Europe. And Hamer is far from inferior to the Gibsons I ever tried.

Looks like they're not easy to find here in Germany, but I hadn't searched for them before either. I will keep my eyes open :)

Not sure I am keeping the SD P90s in it, they don't seem to be hum-canceling in middle position.

Archived