NGD - Hamer Content

Woody_in_MN

• Members

This just in!

Well, actually, I got it about three weeks ago but haven't had any thime to snap pics. Woody, same as yours, MIK, but a blue flame.

P8222622.jpg

P8222623.jpg

P8222626.jpg

Goes oh-so-well with its Korean brethren, the Standard and Stellar 1. My Goldtop SATP90 is Chinese, but is the fave in the family.

No that I think about it, I've got a Standard, a Stellar, a Sunburst and a Studio. What else they make what starts with 'S'?

• Members

Very, very nice. HNGD!

Without a doubt, one of the very under rated brands. I got to play a USA semi hollow Korina and did my best to buy it but the owner wouldn't let go of it... and he ran faster than I did so I couldn't catch him!

I also played on like yours but in black and was frankly surprised by the high quality. Seemed to me it would make the ultimate modding platform. I didn't care much for how the black looked on it but yours is gorgeous.

Congratulations.

• Members

I have an 80's USA Hamer DC studio sunburst and that thing screams. I cannot imagine an electric sounding better. Hamer is very under rated, I've never played an import version, but if it's half as good as mine then you got yourself a heck of deal :thu:.

• Members

The earliest MIK guitars were the Hamer Slammer Series guitars, not to be confused with the Indonesian Slammer by Hamer beginner guitars. They were very well built guitars. They then went to the style that Toadroller has (note the larger "stadium" logo). I think that's about the time they built the Stellar guitars. Then the ones like yours, Woody. Then they got really ornate with lots of inlay work and fancier tops, but IMO were gaudier and not as well built. Then they went to the XT designation a couple of years ago, and if I'm not mistaken are now MIC.

Good guitars all, on par or better than other imports, but never close to the quality coming out of Hamer USA. I've met those guys and toured their factory. To say they're passionate about building guitars would be an understatement. I've been playing USA Hamers for 16 years, and worked for a Hamer dealer for a couple of years. I've played, sold and set up many of both. There's no comparison.

Really? That's something new and surprising. The USA shop tended to distance themselves from the imports. Where did you hear this?

Special J,

I respect your opinion. I've never played a Hamer USA, so can't comment on that. I have heard those MIK's with the larger HAMER lettering are a bit better guitar. I played mine a bit more last night. I was a little more used to the narrower frets. Its really nice for lead and medium to high gain. I'm happy. Well worth the money. The natural wood, espeacially on top is beautiful.

- w

Archived