Comfortably Numb Solo - i dont rate it...at all.

Johansolo

• Members

and what albums have you made?

By your logic, only people who could paint better than Da Vinci would be able to make a living as an art critic, only chefs could be food critics, only playwrights could be literary critics...it's a redundant argument.

Hell, Britney Spears has made more albums than I have, and sold more than I ever will, but I wouldn't call her a better musician than me.

The greatest fallacy on this board is that you can't criticise a player who is more commercially successful than you are. Of course you can.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

...and ive had this discussion with a few of my guitarist friends and have got mixed opinions...

Thing is, I loved this song before I was a guitarist. If I had run into the song after playing for many years would I have listened to it differently? Would it have lost it's meaning or emotional impact somehow? I don't really know.

• Members

FWIW (since im opening cans of worms here)...i dont rate the stairway to heaven solo either...

I was never exposed to any rock music as a kid, so I only ever heard that song when I was 12, and knew about all the status behind it and everything. But when my friend made me listen to it for the first time, I was thinking "What's the big deal?" It seemed kind of boring to me. And that was coming from a kid who was raised on jazz :eek:

Archived