Schecter C-1 Classic anyone?

ILikeGuitar

• Members

I'm not a metal guy at all but this guitar looks solid and is on sale for $500 at AMS. I was curious if you guys think this is a good guitar.. It looks great and the specs look good.. neck through, SD JB/Jazz, coil tap.

Can this thing do stuff other than the heavy metal (jazzy, bluesy stuff, classic rock)?

Is this a better guitar than a PRS SE single or doublecut?

How thick is the neck? I can't do really thin necks anymore...

• Members

I love mine!! It transcends styles because of the Vine of Life Inlay and has great parts!!

SD JB - $72-90.00
SD Jazz - $72-90.00

TonePros Bridge $80.00

Before you touch the thing those parts alone are $224.00 at the cheapest price.

Walnut/maple through neck on a mahogany body (with natural binding on the body that looks AWESOME) with a TSB Quilted Veneer

Not to mention the VINE inlays - looked at AMS - click the purchase DUDE!!

• Members

Haha I found about this last night, and now there are at least 3 threads about it! I've never played any Schecters though, going to try to find one this afternoon and if I like it, I'm jumping ALL OVER this baby. I was about to go buy that pickup combo to upgrade my current guitar which would have cost me something like $150 at least! All the reviews I've read are positive too! But I haven't been able to find out where they're made...does anyone know? Not that it makes a difference I hope. Like I said, I'm not familiar with Schecter guitars.

• Members

I like the C1 series,but there are plenty to look at used so I would check those out first. Personally I can't deal with the vine inlay, I much prefer the chevrons on the C1 +.

I just noticed that AMS has also dropped the price of the C-1 Plus to $399...DDs instead of "true" Duncans, and set neck vs. neck-through, but does have coil-taps vs. 5-way switch, and no vines...hmmm...

• Members

I just noticed that AMS has also dropped the price of the C-1 Plus to $399...DDs instead of "true" Duncans, and set neck vs. neck-through, but does have coil-taps vs. 5-way switch, and no vines...hmmm...

I've got a C1+, great guitar. If you're not dead set on the JB and the Jazz, the DDs will get you by, and then you can drop whatever you want in there. I really like the 3 knobs v. 2, and the tap v. the 5-way.

• Members

The neck on my old one was pretty comparable to the necks on my LP Customs, and they're both supposed to be in between the thick 50's LP necks and the thinner 60's LP necks.

So.... Thicker than a Wizard but thinner than a baseball bat. :idk: It's just about perfect for me.

Archived