What Tele did I just miss? (thinline)

Coverdale

• Members

Hey guys, I just saw an online ad, selling this guitar for 200e. When I called, the guy told me it had already been sold, the only thing he could tell me is that it was "a few years old", and "Made in USA".

I only have this pic, it looks like a '69 Thinline, but I thought those were Made in Mexico or Japan.

2009-09-29%20123003_950be6a7-c1ce-4e83-b

Thanks!

• Members

The USA built models haven't been made since the mid or late 1970s.

There was a serie called 90s Thinline, I'm a lucky bastard to have one.

Doc: your phrase is rather ignorant and gives justice for the American stereotypes. Mexico has a much more ancient culture and will survive after the fall of the US too.

• Members

I should have been a bit clearer when I spoke above.

The '69 thinline and the '72 thinline (both made in Mexico and Japan) haven't been made in the USA since the mid or late 1970s.

The '69 thinline has a mahogany body with Tele single coils. The '72 thinline has an ash body with Tele humbuckers.

Your '90s thinline has an ash body with Tele single coils.

• Members

Also, the guy told me the amp behind it was a tube amp. Any ideas on what it is? he said that it's not his, he'll ask the owner if he wants to sell.

Brown Princeton. Some people would give serious amount of money for it. I would only give modest amount, nevertheless I would like to have it too. :-)

• Members

Doc: your phrase is rather ignorant and gives justice for the American stereotypes. Mexico has a much more ancient culture and will survive after the fall of the US too.

It was clearly intended as a joke. Certain types of humor don't translate well through language barriers, text-only internet communication, etc.

Anyhow, that is a nice looking guitar. I love thinlines, f-holes and all.

Archived