Do you watch items on Ebay with zero intent to purchase?

Salsage

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Were a lot of the questions asking you to sell overseas and you won't? That would explain a lot of the questions.....

1 question about shipping to Germany. Other questions everything from Guitars weight to locking tuners to serial #s. case candy? jeez, All answered quickly and accurately. Did little good.

I guess I am a little disapointed with all the Red Herring interest.

Now I have 2 Ebayers emailing me trying to buy the guitar for $150.00 less than I had it listed for. Bah.

I may relist IDK.

How about I just hit the lottery tonight and have a givaway here:lol:

:cool:

• Members

Yes. For many of the reasons described above.

Moaning sellers who are frustrated at large numbers of watchers with no bids just need to understand that this is the way that online auctions work. Same for questions with no bids. If you want to sell something, be prepared to answer questions.

Actually, that's the way ALL auctions work!

If you go to a public auction, you'll notice that the audience will be full of people, some dealers, some not, who are watching the bidding and the prices, while a few interested parties fight it out for each item up for bid.

To tell the truth... If I'm really interested in an auction, I don't even bother to bid before the last 15 seconds. The seller will never even know I've been there untill I've won.

• Members

1 question about shipping to Germany. Other questions everything from Guitars weight to locking tuners to serial #s. case candy? jeez, All answered quickly and accurately. Did little good.

I guess I am a little disapointed with all the Red Herring interest.

Now I have 2 Ebayers emailing me trying to buy the guitar for $150.00 less than I had it listed for. Bah.

I may relist IDK.

How about I just hit the lottery tonight and have a givaway here:lol:

:cool:

I don't think I've ever had a person that sent me a question win one of my auctions.

Of course there are the occasional idiots that win, THEN start asking all kinds of questions, but that's a whole other topic...

You can always relist once for free (assuming it sells the second time), so you've got nothing to lose by relisting. I had an auction end last week with no bids (50+ watchers) and I relisted it right away with the same starting bid. Right now it has 2 bids and doesn't end for several hours. You just never know when something will have interest and when it won't.

• Members

I watch items I like, if the item is over priced I wait for the seller to lower the price.

Also, I won't bid on any auction with a reserve. I may watch it though until it reaches the point it goes above the reserve.

Archived