Have you heard of Dead Eye Guitars in Malasia?

mymindsok

• Members

Hey...

I was over on the LP Board and came across some photos of a Vlad Sham Kamikaze Squire Strat thats a dead ringer for the now discontinued Fender Hendrix style reverse headstock Strats.

Needless to say, I want one very badly and the seller is Dead Eye Guitars in Malasia.

Anyone know anything about this guitar and the Malaysian Company thats selling them? Are they on the up and up? Is there any other place to get one of these?

Help!!!I got GAS!!!

Heres some photos:

sham1.jpg

user8557_pic14484_1250942830.jpg

user8557_pic14481_1250942719.jpg

user8557_pic14483_1250942830.jpg

user8557_pic14485_1250942927.jpg

• Members

In looking at the site, it does not appear that they sell the model, but were blogging about. Also the name sounds very fake. Sham Kamikaze? Sham it is I bet. Also if you read the purchasing options, you pay up front and then wait. This is not so good when you are dealing with Malasia. Their prices, RM 3600, are also high for what we can get fenders in the states for. RM 3600 is over 1k plus you have to ship it from Malasia. Unfortunately my thoughts would be a big no go.

• Members

Sham is a local guitarist here (yes, I'm Malaysian), I understand Squier only distributes the guitar locally... It's in fact his sig model, being a Hendrix fan and all...

Deadeye is a independent distributor who hangs out quite a lot in the local forums.

For the record, it's spelt MALAYSIA. :D Don't worry, we get that a lot. :)

p/s TS: Nice avatar!

• Members

Sham is a local guitarist here (yes, I'm Malaysian), I understand Squier only distributes the guitar locally... It's in fact his sig model, being a Hendrix fan and all...

Deadeye is a independent distributor who hangs out quite a lot in the local forums.

For the record, it's spelt MALAYSIA.
:D
Don't worry, we get that a lot.
:)

AHA!!

Thanks for the info. Now I guess I can drop my GAS and start thinking about building my own "Reverse" Strat. Lets see... First I'll have to find a lefty neck and the rest should be easy.

• Members

all the messages from the Trash folder]

Search Shortcuts

RE: Sham Kamikaze Signature Guitar

Sunday, November 1, 2009 8:26 AM

"Dead Eye Guitars"

Add sender to Contacts

To:

mymindsok

hey there Ken

the Squier Sham Kamikaze is RM1540, which is around USD450

the shipping cost, i'll need to check it out with local courier service to California

Calvin

DeadEyeGuitars.blogspot.com

So theres the answer that I got from DeadEyeGuitars.

Thats one expensive Squire but we'll see what shipping comes to...

• Members

For the record, it's spelt MALAYSIA.
:D
Don't worry, we get that a lot.
:)

spelt is spelled "spelled", for the record :poke:

Archived