Show off your wiring/soldering skills

nevermind

• Members

I posted in the other thread :(

OK, here's some of the projects I've done for myself and friends...

Tex-Mex pickups with a blender control, MV, MT in my Jimmie Vaughan Strat

blender_wiring1.jpg

Custom setup I made for a Fender Lead II partscaster I no longer have (darn it!)

lead2_wiring1.jpg

Jimmie Vaughan Strat again, converted to a Voodoocaster, MV, Neck Tone, Bridge Tone, no Middle Tone, separate caps for each

voodoo_wiring1.jpg

• Members

Now that's what I need! Want to build a couple pedals this winter
:thu:

that's a byoc od bd....before they updated it.....sourced the parts myself thru mouser...it was my favorite build.

i've built a few ggg kits too....they are priced a little more reasonable.

ps. i love your amp.....i've been wanting to get into amp building but funds are lacking as of yet.

• Members

that's a byoc od bd....before they updated it.....sourced the parts myself thru mouser...it was my favorite build.

i've built a few ggg kits too....they are priced a little more reasonable.

ps. i love your amp.....i've been wanting to get into amp building but funds are lacking as of yet.

That's why I'm looking at some pedal projects this time :lol:

• Members

ok, here's my very average looking solder results... where's yours?

I actually didn't start the thread to show off my very average skills. I just got done troubleshooting a guitar for a friend of my daughter's boyfriend, and it scared me. It had the look of a blow torch and a brazing rod in very unsteady hands. What I assumed was going to be a quick check with the meter ended up being a whole bunch of soldering, new wiring, and replacing one pot.

But I'll play too ;) The circuit for the thing I'm building, it still needs the pickups and jack wiring completed.

DSCF3090.jpg

Archived