Good Move- Mod Squad

Bookumdano2

• Members

I have to say that the girl character, Julie, is about 100% lacking in any sort of believable police officer traits... most noticeable in their absence, the abilities to handle herself physically and emotionally...

I'll take Dragnet. Still... Joe Friday couldn't work the mini-dress like Julie.

;)

PS... Julie is cuter, but for a role model, I'd put up Officer Eve Whitfield from Ironside. (But, gawd, I hated her hair the first two seasons. [i've been going through the episodes on Hulu. When I'd seen every Perry Mason B&W rerun about 9 times...]) Eve starts out a bored rich girl but goes through the academy on a dare (from some old father figure dude in a wheelchair) and then gets serious for some reasons I can't quite remember... but she knocks around with the dudes, never cries when she gets beat up and handles herself pretty well despite the fact she's running around in designer outfits and not-exactly-sensible high heels and carries... a purse.

• Members

There's this hole in my cultural history. From 1969 to 1979, I was virtually out of the television loop. My first band was called NoTVMotel, because I seemed to jinx every set I got, plus lived on the fringe of most television stations. The Motel part was because my place served as temporary home for a lot of traveling folk.

Archived