NGD .... Poor man's EC content

blind radish

• Members

Sort of a new guitar day.

This is a heavily modded 2004 MIM Eric Clapton wannabe.

has the Fender noiseless pups, and the EC electronics. The body was modded to add the electronics just like the USA artist model.

The guy I bought it from, had it professionally done ... guitar and mods cost him $600 ... he sold to me in 2005 for $395 + hard case.

I love the tone, but the MIM satin fish-belly white neck was always a downer for me.

So I have been looking and looking for years to get a MIJ 54 RI neck to add.

too much dough .. always.

about six months ago I laid my hands on a 50s MIM and the neck just spoke to me ... so I was looking and looking and finally found one WITH tuners on ebay for just over 2 bills.

Got it from Mr. P.O this a.m. ... removed the MIM added the 50s MIM and the result is what you see below

an EC for $595 that I defy you to say it not as good as the artist model for now upwards of a grand used and more new.

one more thing to be thankful for on this wonderful weekend.

ec.jpg

• Members

Very nice. I dig the color, I definitely dig the neck and I don't hate the pickups. Some folks talk smack about them like they are garbage. I recently put one in the neck position of one of my strats and took it to a forum member's house that has an exceptional amount of electrical noise and I thought it sounded great through a couple different amps. Maybe not quite as great as CS54s or Duncan Antiquities, but still very good and very stratty.

Those glossy maple necks are what I'm all about as well. :thu:

• Members

And actually, you effectively have less than $500 in it as I'm sure you could sell the satin MIM neck for a little over $100.

What do you think of the TBX control? I didn't put mine in the guitar as I need to route the body under where the TBX pot will go. I've played with them briefly in the store, but over the past several months, do you think the TBX is worth it or should I stick with a master volume, master tone and blender pot?

:idk:

• Members

I love the TBX ... and use it quite a bit when I am playing

And actually, you effectively have less than $500 in it as I'm sure you could sell the satin MIM neck for a little over $100.

What do you think of the TBX control? I didn't put mine in the guitar as I need to route the body under where the TBX pot will go. I've played with them briefly in the store, but over the past several months, do you think the TBX is worth it or should I stick with a master volume, master tone and blender pot?

:idk:

Archived