Darn. It's a long time since I've done a CV.

Les Paul Lover

• Members

I was at threat of redundancy.

Not anymore! :)

Threat dully executed and I'll need a job in March. :eek:

Damn.

At least it means that I can apply my many "talents" to something else than commercial insurance underwriting.

If I can't find a job.... I might even make a guitar or two?

Obviously, the sad departure of Leopardstar puts everything into perspective (if there's a god, may he bless his soul:(). It sucks, but I'm alive.

Does suck though....

• Members

Yeah, I've been there 9 years.

I don't really like uncertainty.

On the other hand I ond't like my job at all...!!!

Hope my redundancy payment will be good enough to last a while, I think it's 4 weeks per year of service, that'd make it 36 weeks tax free.

Perhaps a new guitar in the offing?

• Members

Yeah, I've been there 9 years.

I don't really like uncertainty.

On the other hand I ond't like my job at all...!!!

Hope my redundancy payment will be good enough to last a while, I think it's 4 weeks per year of service, that'd make it 36 weeks tax free.

Perhaps a new guitar in the offing?

Its a week per year unless your company have their own deal written into your contract and I think its capped at

• Members

I was at threat of redundancy.

Not anymore!
:)
Threat dully executed and I'll need a job in March.
:eek:

Damn.

At least it means that I can apply my many "talents" to something else than commercial insurance underwriting.

If I can't find a job.... I might even make a guitar or two?

Obviously, the sad departure of Leopardstar puts everything into perspective (if there's a god, may he bless his soul:(). It sucks, but I'm alive.

Does suck though....

Sorry to hear that, though I'm yet to find an actual job myself. Who'd have thought a criminal record would make getting a job so difficult over something so trivial? Anyway, I hope things work out for you in the future, and if there's new guitars involved, who can complain? :thu:

• Members

Sorry to hear that, though I'm yet to find an actual job myself.
Who'd have thought a criminal record would make getting a job so difficult over something so trivial?
Anyway, I hope things work out for you in the future, and if there's new guitars involved, who can complain?
:thu:

Who'd have though so???? Hope as the years pass by this won't count too much aginst you.

Axis, my company has got a very "generous redundancy" policy, I'll get 4 weeks/year of service. at 9 years and tax free, it might work out well for me so long as I find a job quickly.

Thanks for the kind thoughts guys, it is much appreciated!!!! :)

• Members

That's more than generous, it's insane! I've never heard of a company on this side of the pond that does more than one week per year (along with two-weeks notice and sometimes, if you're lucky, a two-week bonus for signing the obligatory waiver).

• Members

Yes, 36 weeks, being tax free, equals almost a year worth of wage.

But I'll only benefit from that if I find a job paying as much quickly enough, other wise it's dead money. (not that I earned huge amounts, but it was reasonnalbe enough).

We'll see. I'm getting quite excited about doing something new now!!!!

Archived