Just my wish for a ....

FUBTAG

• Members

May the 2nd decade of the century be more productive then the first.

Absolutely - but unfortunately I don't hold out much hope for that. I've been astounded at the failure of the media to truly inform, the growing partisanship fostered by the media, the ability of the masses to be duped by the ruling class, a political system that governs based largely for election results and corporate influences, and the greed for consumption by all of us.

It's like when gas drops from $5 a gallon to $3 we go back to "same old same old". It's kinda like Thelma & Louise grinning, hands clasped at they speed towards the precipice.

"There's an old saying in Tennessee, I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee, that says fool me once . . . . . . . . . . . . . shame on . . . . . shame on you . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . you fool me you can't git fooled again"

:facepalm:

Well, "Best Wishes" means just that, so "BEST WISHES!" :thu:

:wave:

• Members

Absolutely - but unfortunately I don't hold out much hope for that. I've been astounded at the failure of the media to truly inform, the growing partisanship fostered by the media, the ability of the masses to be duped by the ruling class, a political system that governs based largely for election results and corporate influences, and the greed for consumption by all of us.

It's like when gas drops from $5 a gallon to $3 we go back to "same old same old". It's kinda like Thelma & Louise grinning, hands clasped at they speed towards the precipice.

"There's an old saying in Tennessee, I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee, that says fool me once . . . . . . . . . . . . . shame on . . . . . shame on you . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . you fool me you can't git fooled again"

:facepalm:

Well, "
Best Wishes
" means just that, so "
BEST WISHES!
"
:thu:

:wave:

I unfortunately agree with your feelings... and unless a utopia no less then the original vision in Star Trek arises 'we the people' really don't have

an ability to change. Maybe if there is a revolution (non-violent, of courese) we can get back to an ideal that helps all of mankind. But even then, as was said by a very wise man once, " ...there will be poor always, pathetically struggling" (name that musical...) Since people think this race of life is something to be won, there will always be losers. If we could all realize we leave the same way regardless of race, creed or class then we will truly have peace.

Now.. somebody play something!

Archived