(Un)Official Christmas Show and Tell

Woody_in_MN

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We've had a lite Christmas, lightest since about 1998. Usually they are massive at our house. Being out of work for 6mo. will do that to you. I start a new job first week of the new year though. I encourage everybody to save as much as you can - saved us big time! Extra money went to making sure our kid had a nice Christmas. She got a new Toshiba laptop, a Samsumg Digital Camera, and a few other things from us (mainly some Barbie stuff that she collects, movies, clothes and video games). We've been playing Wii Sports Resort tonight, way cool and fun!

I got some clothes, but from my parents we got a new Sony Digital Camera that is really sweet. They also gave us family passes and parking for a year to Six Flags (we live really close so will be fun to jump over for an hour or two at a time during the summer). Got some movies from the wife also - oh yeah, a nice watch that wasn't very expensive. Bought myself a 20" flat screen computer monitor so I can run double monitors when working at home. First year in about 10 or more years that I go no gear or music related stuff (I did get Revolver on CD and the movie Taking Back Woodstock). I went to buy myself an EHX Memory Boy but they were sold out. I'll check back tomorrow on that.

• Members

Camera quit working this morning so no pictures this year. I bought a new WII for the boys but it doesn't work. That made for a pretty crappy day. Nintendo website forum is full of dads that are having the same problem as I am.

Gear wise: Wife has Carvin tuners and some StewMac parts on order for me. They didn't show up yet. Bought my 14 year old a Johnson P-bass. It's probably about a 7/8th size. Real skinny neck. Real light. A joy to play. Real good P-bass sound. I will be gigging with it next weekend to put it through it's paces.

I also ordered some GFS P90's and some knobs for the guitar I am building.

Surfy

• Members

l_676bcb10c4c640f28885d05108d48590.jpg

My apologies for poor picture quality, but this is the main haul for this year. not in there are a half dozen Dunlop Jazz IIIs, a new glass slide, and (finally!) a proper strap for my vintage Harmony archtop guitar. plus some money and gift cards and all that.

I'm now a proud ukulele owner, hell yeah.

• Members

So what goes in the cage, your youngest child?
:cop:

Yes. :) She is the youngest.

She slept in it, before I started on the second level.

Wife has a rule about posting kids pics on the Internet, but I think this one is OK.

P1030982.jpg

Mr. guitar is on left in red shirt, oldest son on right.

• Members

l_676bcb10c4c640f28885d05108d48590.jpg

My apologies for poor picture quality, but this is the main haul for this year. not in there are a half dozen Dunlop Jazz IIIs, a new glass slide, and (finally!) a proper strap for my vintage Harmony archtop guitar. plus some money and gift cards and all that.

I'm now a proud ukulele owner, hell yeah.

nm

Archived