NFSD (New Finished Strat Day)

Lex.Luthier

• Members

Ive been looking for a backup for my Big Apple Strat for a while now. My brother knowing this, and also knowing my love for modifying guitars, got me this for Christmas:

candycola2.jpg

Its a 2009 Fender American Candy Cola Stratocaster body and neck. I had some old machine heads and an old bridge lying around which I threw on for the pic.

Well today I finally finished it..TADA:

strat1n.jpg

strat3.jpg

strat2.jpg

Specs:

2 x Dimarzio Evolutions. Vol pot is a Shadow Kill Pot and the two tone pots are push pulls for coil tapping their corresponding pickup. 5 Way selector switch wired like:

1. Bridge

2. Bridge + Neck in series out of phase

3. Bridge + Neck in series in phase

4. Bridge & Neck in Parallel in phase

5. Neck

Hipshot contour trem (amazing trem that stay in tune regardless of abuse) and Fender/Schaller locking machine heads with pearl buttons.

This guitar was intended to be a backup but as it plays so well and since it has a lot of meaning coming from a family member I can see this becoming my number 1.

• Members

that's an awesome present! and in such a sweet color!

It really is. 2009 was a rough year for me, the worst parts being a very close member of my family died and a friend of mine was murdered. I havnt been in the best of places since but my brother has really helped me get through it all and for him to do something like this on top of all the support he's been giving me means the world. :thu:

• Members

It really is. 2009 was a rough year for me, the worst parts being a very close member of my family died and a friend of mine was murdered. I havnt been in the best of places since but my brother has really helped me get through it all and for him to do something like this on top of all the support he's been giving me means the world.
:thu:

That sucks dude...hope your 2010 is better!

Sweet guitar, nice mods.:thu:

• Members

Beautiful guitar. I love the tuners! Did you get them with the pearloid or was that a mod?

Wishing you the best 2010 and forward my brother. Hope everything works out for you.

Cheers bro, its much appreciated. As for the pearloid buttons, I had to get them seperatly from Stew Mac :)

Archived