Day off work...Wife not home...UhOh..Loudness

Saturn

• Members

Well....I took a couple mental health days and my wife had some errands to run so I'm home alone. First real chance I've had to crank up my Haze 40 and get some pre-sets locked in on my RP1000.

Haven't really had the amp turned up to stage volumes much because this little sucker can be loud as hell. I'm loving the RP1000. Can turn off the amp sims and set in some effects really letting the amps natural tone shine through. Got about 9 pre-sets saved and have been able to dial in (with a moderate amount of tweaking) what I think is stellar tone. Even dialed in a couple amp models that will be real usefull for gigging.

Man you should have seen the cats and dogs scatter when I hit that first chord.:lol:

Windows are rattling and ears are ringing but I'm having some fun.:rawk:

The RP1000/Haze combo is really going to make a decent rig for both home and stage. Was feeling a little guilty about the money spent but I don't think I've ever put together a rig this versitile in 25 years of playing.

IMG_6797.jpg

• Members

Very nice! That doesn't happen to me very often anymore. When the wife and baby leave the house, I crank it, too. 90% of my playing these days is either an unplugged electric, or through a headphone amp. :'(

Glad to hear you're liking the Haze - I'm itching to try one out... Not being able to play loud very often makes me hesitant to buy another amp at this point, though.

• Members

Glad to hear you're having fun! Cops are on the way.

I live on 3.5 wooded acers out in the country. Even at these volumes my closest neighbor probably isn't hearing a thing. It's about a 45 minute drive into the cities but well worth it to not have anyone near by.:)

• Members

I live on 3.5 wooded acers out in the country. Even at these volumes my closest neighbor probably isn't hearing a thing. It's about a 45 minute drive into the cities but well worth it to not have anyone near by.
:)

I envy that! But, what are you doing here, go :rawk:.

• Members

Do you use earplugs?

When I was gigging I tried to use them but could never really get used to them so no I don't.

When I do crank it up in the house (not as often as I like) I put the amp in the living room. I have a rather large living room so I can put the amp at one end and run cables to the opposite side to I don't get the full force of the volume.

Now I can't do that at gigs and the places we play usually have a tiny stage so I'm usually getting hammered with volume. I should use the ear plugs then.

• Members

Ya gotta split out of a tuner, stereo chorus, Bad Monkey and crank dat with the V (You still have yer V?). Bet that would be a wall of sound! I tried to check out a Haze but the GC dudes asked me to turn it down. In the market for a new amp....will definitely investigate further. I have a "me" day all day Monday. Wonder what sonic trouble I'll get into???

• Members

Ya gotta split out of a tuner, stereo chorus, Bad Monkey and crank dat with the V (You still have yer V?). Bet that would be a wall of sound! I tried to check out a Haze but the GC dudes asked me to turn it down. In the market for a new amp....will definitely investigate further. I have a "me" day all day Monday. Wonder what sonic trouble I'll get into???

I don't have the V anymore. Sold it and my HT-5 a while back. Been trying to figure out how to go stereo with the RP-1000. It has stereo out but I'm using the 4 cable method running through my effects loop. Don't know how to hook that up with 2 amps running.

Be sure to check out the Haze 40 you'll probably like it. Don't judge it at low volumes. You really need to turn it up at least half way to really hear what it sounds like. It really comes to life when you get it cranking a little.

• Members

Well....I took a couple mental health days and my wife had some errands to run so I'm home alone. First real chance I've had to crank up my Haze 40 and get some pre-sets locked in on my RP1000.

Haven't really had the amp turned up to stage volumes much because this little sucker can be loud as hell. I'm loving the RP1000. Can turn off the amp sims and set in some effects really letting the amps natural tone shine through. Got about 9 pre-sets saved and have been able to dial in (with a moderate amount of tweaking) what I think is stellar tone. Even dialed in a couple amp models that will be real usefull for gigging.

Man you should have seen the cats and dogs scatter when I hit that first chord.
:lol:

Windows are rattling and ears are ringing but I'm having some fun.
:rawk:

The RP1000/Haze combo is really going to make a decent rig for both home and stage. Was feeling a little guilty about the money spent but I don't think I've ever put together a rig this versitile in 25 years of playing.

IMG_6797.jpg

Too funny...I have the exact same stand under mine...

DSCF5172.jpg

You're not kidding about these things getting LOUD! Seriously! I love this amp more every time I turn it on. Just need to get the 4 button footswitch to go with it...

• Members

Too funny...I have the exact same stand under mine...

DSCF5172.jpg

You're not kidding about these things getting LOUD! Seriously! I love this amp more every time I turn it on. Just need to get the 4 button footswitch to go with it...

Great minds think a like.

The 4 button switchs were supposed to be availible at the end of December but still can't get them. American Musical Supply is supposed to email me when they get in.

I have been waiting to put my pedal board together until I get mine. I'm not sure how much space I'll need on the new board until I get it. I'll be tossing a couple stomp boxes in the stomp box loop on my RP and adding the 4 button switch. I have a feeling my board is going to be kind of large.

• Members

I've actually sold off all of my pedals except one tuner pedal, and a Bad Monkey. With the Tonelab, I've got all the effects I'll use...

I've been happy with my RP but I have a Plum Crazy The Squawk that I think is kind of groovey. I will probably put that in the loop. Can't really think of anything else the RP can't do but I'm sure I'll run across pedals that I find cool. The effects loop on the RP is a nice feature.

Archived