You only wish your school was this cool

mutant_guitar

• Members
Kudos to "Slash".

But, alas, where is Sabbath, Zep and Purple? To say nothing of Scorpions and Yngwie.

they just did a zep show not too long ago, so i guess they were kinda tired of it :idk:, and Sabbath got cut from the show, for whatever reason. only half the songs they did were in that clip I posted. They had some really good ones, like Do You Feel We Do and Hotel California, that they didn't put in that clip.

And something to think about, it was the kids that produced and directed the show, not the instructors.

anyway, this place is amazing. they teach everything from blues to jazz, music basics to chord and scale theory, and now they're starting a funk class. They even teach sound tech and video production classes. It really makes me jealous I didn't have a place to go to like this when I was that age.

• Members

That's really cool.... I remember in my junior year of high school, I took piano as an elective; class was a one on one session with the teacher. Already knew the simple course material, and wanted to learn blues. The teacher said no. Totally shot it down. I ended up doing course material.

Great to see these kids are getting to plot their own course and do music they enjoy.

• Members
they just did a zep show not too long ago, so i guess they were kinda tired of it
:idk:
, and Sabbath got cut from the show, for whatever reason. only half the songs they did were in that clip I posted. They had some really good ones, like Do You Feel We Do and Hotel California, that they didn't put in that clip.

And something to think about, it was the kids that produced and directed the show, not the instructors.

anyway, this place is amazing. they teach everything from blues to jazz, music basics to chord and scale theory, and now they're starting a funk class. They even teach sound tech and video production classes. It really makes me jealous I didn't have a place to go to like this when I was that age.

Right. I didn't mean to come off as dismissive. Actually, I thought the 2nd one (Be My Baby) was both sexy and romantic, but the girls being so young I was afraid to admit it. :love::facepalm::lol: However - this has to be said - the inclusion in the "history of rock" of Michael Jackson and Madonna at the expense of the aforementioned bands was what put me off.

Archived