Powertab and Guitar Pro?

venturehead

• Members

I like powertab, but I wish there was a way (or I could find the way) to slow it down so you can learn to play it at a slower. I've never used GuitarPro. Powertab plays a midi track along so you can play along with that. It scrolls through the tab as it goes so in some cases you can just learn on the fly.

• Members
I like powertab, but I wish there was a way (or I could find the way) to slow it down so you can learn to play it at a slower. I've never used GuitarPro. Powertab plays a midi track along so you can play along with that. It scrolls through the tab as it goes so in some cases you can just learn on the fly.

Um..you can slow the tab down in PowerTab by changing the BPM. It's the musical note symbol. There is a program called Tux Guitar, and it's free, that can play both Power Tab File and Guitar Pro Files. It's basically Guitar Pro, but it's free. Although I like Power Tab alot better, but I can only find PT files on UG, it's really a pain to find them.

P.S. Derrick Rose is over rated :)

• Members
Um..you can slow the tab down in PowerTab by changing the BPM. It's the musical note symbol. There is a program called Tux Guitar, and it's free, that can play both Power Tab File and Guitar Pro Files. It's basically Guitar Pro, but it's free. Although I like Power Tab alot better, but I can only find PT files on UG, it's really a pain to find them.

P.S. Derrick Rose is over rated
:)

Sir, I LOVE Derrick Rose, and you are correct. He's a stud for the team, but the Dwyane Wade like status he has achieved among Bulls fans isn't yet deserved. Still my guy though.

• Members

Guitar Pro all the way. With the RSE you get much better instrument sounds than strict MIDI (unless you have a specialized MIDI card with really high-quality maybe). The Collections that you get contains like 48,000 songs (realizing that many are different takes on the same song). It has worked for me from Window 2000 to Windows 7, 32 or 64-bit, different sound cards, with no problems. I think you pay more because it goes way beyond just guitar tablature.

• Members

I think that GP offers quite a bit for the money. I think that I paid $40 or less for my copy (version 5).

There's a huge library of tabs. The quality does vary, but many are very good.

There's also:

Tuner

Metronome

Speed trainer

Guide for beginners

and much more

I've only used the Speed Trainer mode when learning Tumeni Notes.

The Realistic Sound Engine is OK, but nothing spectacular.

I'm not sure whether I'll upgrade to version 6, but I'm very happy with version 5.

• Members

Tabit is better than everything.

Yeah, a friend of mine guided me to tabit a long time ago to MAKE ringtones of myself in midi. I've been using it ever since. The library of songs isn't the biggest, but it does more than make up for it by being incredibly simple to use. I use it mainly as a compositional tool now, and it has been the most helpful tool ever.

Archived