Distortion pedal

paulojcduarte

• Members

The plastic behringer ones will do the trick if you're a bedroom guitarist.

Cover band, been using my GT-6 for years, but now I bought a Laney vh100r and the gt-6 is dying, so was thinking trying out some pedals as this is my first tube amp (well not my first had a bugera for a couple months), but in the end a multieffects will probably be more practical.

• Members

Damn, dist pedals are expensive.

Some are expensive compared to others, but if you plan on using one regularly, it can be worth spending more money. Because relative to amps, they're cheap!

I'm a big fan of Barber pedals. They're a great balance of top quality without being overly expensive. He has a bunch of models so take a look and see what might fit you best.

• Members

Yes, what sound are you trying to achieve? If your going for a Satchurator sound, I suggest an MXR Distortion III or Classic Distortion(they're the same exact pedal, the only difference is cosmetic, and one is 30 bucks around the holidays). I picked one up on black Friday a year ago, and I am pleasantly surprised with it. Just my two cents.

• Members

Looking for a Dist pedal, been watching a few youtube clips with the satchurator and while it looks great and sounds like what I'm looking for, it's Satch's signature sound.

What else is out there?

For flatt out Dist tones, (not thinking OD or Fuzz), my fav is the Pigtronix Polysaturator, and/or the MSD Paranoid.

:thu:

• Members

My fave distortion pedal in my Original 1983 big box Rat distortion. It does everything! My second is a Vodka Mods modified Rat distortion. It's not as rich as the original but damn close for less than $100.

About 2 years ago I bought a bunch of pedals. I have an MXR Distortion III. It makes a fine paper weight. It's way too bass and boomy to do anything else. The real irony is that I love playing clean. I don't use any reverb these days either. My only effect is an electric cord.

Some of these I haven't even tried yet. That deserves a triple facepalm!

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

setup01ob4.jpg

Archived