In your opinion, what is the single greatest Fender amp ever made?

PancakeBunny

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, there would be two camps here--Tweed and Blackface. Personally, I'm a fan of the Tweed. Its just on the "edge of destruction" tone really does it for me (think Neil Young and Billy Gibbons). And the '57 Deluxe is just about as perfect as it gets (Bassman = too big for my world).

I also appreciate a good Blackface Deluxe Reverb, but I'll take a Vox over it any day of the week.

My Tweed Deluxe has a Celestion Blue. Now before you go "that ain't right," just remember that quite a few of these ended up with Celestions after the OEM's blew.

The chassis is a Fender Custom Shop Handwired 5E3. The cabinet was built by Weber (solid pine).

tweed1.jpg

tweed2.jpg

• Members

If I could only have one, it'd be the 5F4 Super.

If I could only have two, it'd be that and a AA964 Vibrolux Reverb

If it could only be three, it'd be those and a 5E3 Deluxe

If it could only be four, it'd be those, and a second 5E3 Deluxe. :cool:

• Members

Yup.. u are correct. Bruce Zinky designed it..

That is true however, The Dr Z of Dr Z amps is Mike Zaite.

I've owned many Fender amps from various eras. My favorite is the Black Face Pro Reverb. A poorman's Twin as it were.

57GT:)

• Members

That is true however, The Dr Z of Dr Z amps is Mike Zaite.

I've owned many Fender amps from various eras. My favorite is the Black Face Pro Reverb. A poorman's Twin as it were.

57GT:)

yeah Im 2 for 2 in the fail department today.. my mind is not all here this fine tuesday... preoccupied & just losing my marbles...

Archived