Anyone Have These GFS Tuners?

ColoradoFenderB

• Members

I have two sets of them. They work 100% perfectly and feel great while turning. The actual knobs are slightly bulkier than Fender/Ping tuners and feel slightly cheaper. Having said that, I'd get them again without hesitation if I needed a set and couldn't find a used set of Fenders for $30 or so.

• Members

They turn as smoothly as any of my sets of real Fender vintage type tuners and they hold a tune perfectly well.

From 3 feet away, I doubt I could tell the difference between the GFS tuners and Fender tuners... like I said, just the knobs themselves on the Fenders have slightly smaller dimensions and feel solid... as if, if you could remove just the knobs, the Fenders would weigh slightly more. Not a deal-breaker by any means.

After dinner, I'll take a pic of both in the same pic so you can compare.

• Members

I spent the extra $5 and got the Wilkinson versions...
:o

I have a set of those too. I'd say they are equal to the ~$20 unbranded tuners but I prefer that the unbranded ones ARE unbranded and the knobs on the Wilkinson tuners are even cheesier feeling than the unbranded set. I'm not entirely sure the Wilkinson knobs are metal. They almost feel like plastic when you tap them with a fingernail.

:lol:

Having said that, they are all solid tuners.

Archived