So....will The Who rock or not?

DARKMETL/

• Members

maybe it's because I'm the only one not blinded by nostalgia, because I'm not an old {censored}, but while I like the who -- I thought this performance was weak and the playing sloppy. it almost seemed like a bunch of kids playing their first gig and green as all hell, yet it's a bunch of old dudes who've been doing it for 50 years. maybe it's time to hang it up.

how come every year lately the superbowl halftime show is a geriatric parade?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

maybe it's because I'm the only one not blinded by nostalgia, because I'm not an old {censored}, but while I like the who -- I thought this performance was weak and the playing sloppy. it almost seemed like a bunch of kids playing their first gig and green as all hell, yet it's a bunch of old dudes who've been doing it for 50 years. maybe it's time to hang it up.

I'm not a big fan of them but I thought they did great. And yeah, there was some slop but it's rock n roll, not a classical recital.

• Members

^^^^^^^

125x125_rockstar_blue.jpg

• Members

I have to judge them on the standard of being a pro. they weren't tight musicians. they sucked. attacking me for pointing out something I think it a pretty objective reality is just a silly deflection.

the who have never been known as an overly technical band. I'd expect a band like dream theater to be technically perfect, not the who. That said, I didn't really see much slop other than some errant guitar noise and the singer's voice simply not being what it was 30 years ago, which is to be expected.

• Members

Epic {censored}ing win with that drumkit. The "mod" crashes and cymbals are slick. drummer brought it.

Pete can still play but {censored} if he cant sing anymore.

Roger did better then I expected. I was expecting disaster.

Overall 6 out of 10

+1 - my exact assessment except I'd give them 7 out of 10 for just having been The Who.

*Also remember The Who is really PT - he wrote everything, coached the vocals, programmed the original synth lines, etc. Musically and artistically is all came from PT (mostly anyway).

Archived