$2200 - Which Fender to buy????

yell03

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know you specified the choices pretty clearly, but let me throw this out there:

fender-57-deluxe-used-4.jpg

Your Les Pauls will sound heavenly through it. There is no sound like a Fender guitar through a tweed Fender amp.

True & definitely Food for thought.:thu:

• Members

I must have that illegal rosewood, because my Custom Shops Rosewood is amazing.

I can't say the same for the USA rosewoods I've played and definitely not Fender Rosewood.

There are plenty of *legal* rosewoods (and other exotic hardwoods) sourced from other countries and imported here. High quality stuff and not-so-good stuff. Like anything, you get what you pay for.

• Members

You know, instead of buying a million guitars with your millions of dollars you could just get a new amp. Or even better, you could get millions of FX pedals. Is it nice being rich and having nothing better to spend your money on besides guitar stuff? I bet it is.

• Members

You know, instead of buying a million guitars with your millions of dollars you could just get a new amp. Or even better, you could get millions of FX pedals. Is it nice being rich and having nothing better to spend your money on besides guitar stuff? I bet it is.

he said he got the money from selling off other guitars that he already had.

but so what? it's his money.

• Members

For $2200 I wouldn't get a Fender. I'd get a small luthier guitar which will blow it out of the water. But that's me
:)

+1 billion. I have several luthier-built custom guitars in the $1500-$2000 price range and they slay every company made guitar I've ever tried. There's nothing like having a one of a kind instrument built for you.

BUT...if you're the kinda guy who buys and sells and buys and sells...custom is def. not the way to go for you. Unless, as it did for me, it solves your issue by giving you something flawless that you will NEVER want to let go.

• Members

I agree with a couple of posts. If it were me, I would get a Strat Plus, which is my favorite production line Fender ever.

However, with that budget, I would absolutely get a guitar custom built, why not get exactly what you want. Here is one of my favorite options

www.benfordguitars.com

I think what will eventually happen is I will keep 1 Custom Shop Les Paul & SG, and most likely a Custom Shop Strat and Production Tele.

Then I will sell off some of my others and buy myself a Custom Guitar or two.

• Members

I have said it some years ago I love the finish and attention to detail of the Classic Custom Tele and Stratocaster, but I can't state there is enough of a tone diference to justify the extra $$$. The new American Standards are awesome. I agree there are other quality brands beyond Fender to consider.

while I rarely see them these days one of the best Strat I ever played was a FERNANDES

• Members

I have said it some years ago I love the finish and attention to detail of the Classic Custom Tele and Stratocaster, but I can't state there is enough of a tone diference to justify the extra $$$. The new American Standards are awesome. I agree there are other quality brands beyond Fender to consider.

while I rarely see them these days one of the best Strat I ever played was a FERNANDES

I'm probably going to order an American Standard Tele and an American Std Strat.

I'll return either the CC Strat or Am Std Strat, which ever is not as good.

• Members

Reading all your comments, it seems clear to me that you're going to get the American Standard Strat and Tele.

Those are solid choices, and you'll know within the 45 days if they're "keepers" or not. (BTW, if you don't mind, please share where you're getting those great prices on new guitars).

You'll also have the chance to compare the strat against the Custom Shop one... good. You'll see for yourself what the "real" differences are.

You've got to satisfy these "itches" before you start down the trail of small builders... however, it's my prediction, that once you do go down that road...

You're going to have a long and happy ride.

Anderson, Suhr, Grosh, Sadowski, Melancon, Crook, and all the others will still be there... waiting for you.

Who knows... you might just get happy with the Fender stuff and never spend another dime on anything else. :D

Good luck with that.

:wave:

M

• Members

Reading all your comments, it seems clear to me that you're going to get the American Standard Strat and Tele.

Those are solid choices, and you'll know within the 45 days if they're "keepers" or not. (BTW, if you don't mind, please share where you're getting those great prices on new guitars).

You'll also have the chance to compare the strat against the Custom Shop one... good. You'll see for yourself what the "real" differences are.

You've got to satisfy these "itches" before you start down the trail of small builders... however, it's my prediction, that once you do go down that road...

You're going to have a long and happy ride.

Anderson, Suhr, Grosh, Sadowski, Melancon, Crook, and all the others will still be there... waiting for you.

Who knows... you might just get happy with the Fender stuff and never spend another dime on anything else.
:D

Good luck with that.

:wave:

M

PM me about pricing.

Archived