Custom Relic 1952 Telecaster Ri by Nicolas Rivera

nicolasrivera

• Members

ah, I remember Barney Kessel saying he preffered chickenheads cus you use em in the dark and know what settings were

I am planning on getting jazz bass knobs for the same reason. I can never read what number my gibson-style knobs are on while playing.

Also, bitchin' guitar!

• Members

i have loved everything you do so far. all the guitars i have sen you post are amazing. you will find that ppl here arent to fond of relicing so you posting these are really sticking your neck out on the line. haha. i love em though. look absolutely amazing!!

• Members

Shouldn't a '52 have slot head screws?

Not really...all 1950 models had slot but as early as 51 they started using phillips but not until late 53 did they run out of the slot heads. So youd find a mix of philips and slot from 51-53 basically. But I think a 52 would have mostly slotheads.

Looks like a monster player. I like the chicken knobs.

The only critique I have is the logo should not be sliced up like that. Is this a CIJ? If its a US Id remove the logo and get a repro. And maybe darken the back of the neck.

I wanna know how you did the strap? For me thats the best part! Is that a Fender Deluxe? I tried darkening mine with mink oil but it didn't work.

• Members

nice guitar, but overdone.

I don't like the visible hammer marks you can see in pictures 2 & 3.

no idea what the hole next to the bridge is supposed to be (knife attack?) and the marks in the first fret are almost always ruining my enjoyment of a relic.

the neck markings here look much more 'real'

54_strat-july_1.jpg

Archived