HOLY Hades! Look @ this local pastor's heavenly rig!

evh1984

• Members

My first reaction is...

I wonder how many people in his congregation are having a rough go given the tough economic times, yet they are still giving thier 10% tithe so that the preacher man can feed his glutony by purchasing "worldy" material things.

Then I started thinking...

I have alot of good gear currently, and the oppurtunity may arise that I become brainwashed by the Word, and then may even devote myself to preaching the Word. My owning of the gear before this would have nothing to do with glutony or greed.

So then I came to the conclusion.

I know nothing about the guy, so I say only that he has good taste in gear???

• Members

The guy must be a televangelist to have all that gear. I don't know too many in the Religion business that have that kind of scratch. Kudos to him though.

It is a lovely rig but I dont think it's worth as much as most people seem to think. That EVH is not the 25k Charvel model that was out recently, looks like a partscaster job (much like Eddies original). The Fenders also all look like partcasters, the headstock logos seem off and the bodies definitely dont look like Fender originals. The Peavey appears to be one of the Korean Wolfgangs. That old Marshall looks fantastic though :thu:

• Members

1. God loves it loud.

2. I know a local church who found out their pastor use to love to ride motorcycles. They bought him a new motorcycle for his anniversary with them. He then started a motorcycle ministry and now they have an annual ride in that benefits a selected child needing assistance with health care where 100's of bikers ride in each year for fellowship and food. It's a blast.

Who says this pastor isn't using what he has to bring glory to God instead being one who simply has a gear fetish.

• Members

n1481361539_123693_6747.jpg

I'm not going to argue that the pastor doesn't own the other stuff pictured....but if he says he owns this, he ain't preachin' for the Lawd. :poke:

This is THE exact pic from a Marshall book of EVH's rig in the late '80s! Google a bit and you can find it.

I really hope he's not passing that off as his on the 'Net, and this just an innocent error. :cop:

• Members

I'm not going to argue that the pastor doesn't own the other stuff pictured....but if he says he owns this, he ain't preachin' for the Lawd. :poke:

This is THE exact pic from a Marshall book of EVH's rig in the late '80s! Google a bit and you can find it.

I really hope he's not passing that off as his on the 'Net, and this just an innocent error.
:cop:

That would explain the Van Halen setlist attached to the front of the amp :cop:

• Members

I really hope he's not passing that off as his on the 'Net, and this just an innocent error.
:cop:

No, I think he's trying to compare Ed's to the one he owns...they're exactly alike. I caught that also. His caption on the EVH plexi is "THE 68 plexi"... in homage of VH, I guess.

Don't think he's trying to pass it off as his, just a comparison. Check the first, second, and third pics. That's his '68.

As for the guitars, he claims the two Strats are custom shops.

He's a pastor, don't know why he'd lie ;)

• Members

Some of you have such archaic notions about what church is...it's embarrassing. Every church with more than 100 members around here has a full praise band and a lot of them play what would pass for classic rock. Some do full on metal and a few lean toward punk. So get off your lazy asses and find yourself a church. Maybe you could join the band!