New GFS Guitars are in!

PunkKitty

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like the amber tint, but it doesn't look nearly as nice as the vintage tint on my Fender V-neck.

This 835 is approaching the feature level of the old XV 800. Just put some better pickups, compensated saddles, and better tuners, and you are there. The 835 looks more like a traditional tele, too. I like the profile of the new necks better, but the quality of the neck and fretwork on my XV800 is still better than any of the newer series I have seen.

• Members

I'm posting the new stuff as quickly as I can-

The 835 is a better guitar than the old 850- The body wood is better, they're finished better and I think the necks feel better. Obviously a great candidate for a few tasteful upgrades.

We have the existing stuff in Seafoam now- which a lot of guys asked for.

Lots of new colors in the XV-900 and 910 should be up today. next week the entire new neck and Body lineup gets posted- really nice stuff...

Within 10 days I hope to finally have the offsets in hand and we'll post em as quick as we can.

Around end of Thanksgiving we'll have the new "GFS Electronics" stuff up- digital tuners and a complete lineup of footpedals- true bypass- bulletproof stuff designed by us- and cheap.

jay

• Members

The 835 is a better guitar than the old 850- The body wood is better, they're finished better and I think the necks feel better. Obviously a great candidate for a few tasteful upgrades.

Lots of new colors in the XV-900 and 910 should be up today. next week the entire new neck and Body lineup gets posted- really nice stuff...

Within 10 days I hope to finally have the offsets in hand and we'll post em as quick as we can.

Around end of Thanksgiving we'll have the new "GFS Electronics" stuff up- digital tuners and a complete lineup of footpedals- true bypass- bulletproof stuff designed by us- and cheap.

jay

Someone hide my credit cards...

;)

Thanks for the update, Jay.

• Members

jay

Nice. :thu:

Will non-tinted maple freboard neck (like on the Tele posted here) be available for sale too?

• Members

Nice.
:thu:

Will non-tinted maple freboard neck (like on the Tele posted here) be available for sale too?

Yes we will have similar satin finish necks on the site and also gloss finish with a very mild "Aged" tint- which looks outstanding- Should have them on the site next week.

Also a new color on the bodies- "Mint Chocolate Chip"- kind of a cross between surf Green and British racing green- I'm building a tele with a mint guard and tinted neck for myself....And all of the new bodies have correct routs and correct vintage USA spacing.

jay

• Members

it's the headstock shape that turns me off. I really want one of the LP-inspired guitars they have, it looks like an awesome guitar for the price, but that big paddle looking headstock ruins it. There's no character to it. Same w/ this Tele style one.

Other than that, I'm sure they're awesome guitars and I appreicate GF making them available at such a great price!

• Members

Yes we will have similar satin finish necks on the site and also gloss finish with a very mild "Aged" tint- which looks outstanding- Should have them on the site next week.

Also a new color on the bodies- "Mint Chocolate Chip"- kind of a cross between surf Green and British racing green- I'm building a tele with a mint guard and tinted neck for myself....And all of the new bodies have correct routs and correct vintage USA spacing.

jay

Good news. I'll get one of those necks for my Squier Bullet.

Thanks for the updates, I look forward to this. I thought I didn't need another Tele, but GFS has shown me the light.

• Members

jay

with "correct routs" are you saying the neck pockets are now at 2 3/16" to accept Fender licensed necks properly??

Archived