New GFS Guitars are in!

PunkKitty

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
it's the headstock shape that turns me off. I really want one of the LP-inspired guitars they have, it looks like an awesome guitar for the price, but that big paddle looking headstock ruins it.
There's no character to it

Exactly - boat oar comes to mind.

Sorry, Jay. The headstock is a turn-off. As ridiculous as a point to make of the headstock shape, for me it's a part of the package.

Here's what I suggest (not that you asked for it)....

One of the headstock I most admire is the Gibson Melody Maker. I love the straight, bottle-like look to it.

If you were to straighten the lines of the LP style guitars, but keep the crown cause it's nice, I think you'd have a better looking guitar.

xavier_headfix.jpg

Oh, and a black LP with black P90s is sex on wheels....SWEET!

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Bump

So where are the "new" guitars....these are old guitars.....

:poke:

Well, as long as Mr. smashingtime has everyones attention, here's a question for any Xv-610 owners

http://store.guitarfetish.com/xvsehodr18pe.html

Anyone have a picture of one with pickguard removed? I'd like to see what's under the hood.......... I want to see what she looks like w/out the godawful pickguard.

Especially the "blackout" version.

• Members
Effects Troll / Trash

Thanks for the warm welcome ;)
I emailed jay because i want the jazzmaster with p90's in sonic blue... He replied that there will be new colors coming in the spring so now im gonna wait.
I bumped the thread because i enjoyed reading the discussion about these affordable guitars and i'll probably recommend them to some of my students.

• Members
Thanks for the warm welcome
;)
I emailed jay because i want the jazzmaster with p90's in sonic blue... He replied that there will be new colors coming in the spring so now im gonna wait.

I bumped the thread because i enjoyed reading the discussion about these affordable guitars and i'll probably recommend them to some of my students.

That dude can be kind of a jerk sometimes.

• Members
Thanks for the warm welcome
;)

I'd be all over that. Did he indicate that sonic blue may be a future finish option?

• Members

I'd be all over that. Did he indicate that sonic blue may be a future finish option?

unfortunately no :facepalm: he didn't specify which colors were coming out.

But i'll just wait and see. I've really been wanting a guitar in Daphne or Sonic Blue, so if the jazzmaster models don't have sonic blue then i'll pick up a sonic blue thinline tele with P90's.

I really like the selection of colors for some of the other models. Good stuff.

Not exactly on topic, but I did notice that GFS now has trem blocks in stock.

I have a trem block from GFS that I put in my ROadworn Strat. I like it, very well made and solid. The block that it replaced was made if Zinc and I feel a slight difference with the guitar's sustain.

Archived