I have something music related! My latest cover!

Jeff Leites

• Members

Recorded yesterday. Simple, but kind of pretty... My cover of the Sandals 1966 "Theme From The Endless Summer".

Hear it here---> http://JeffLeites.fileave.com

Recorded, edited, and mixed with Audacity

Drums and bass generated with BIAB

Guitars - me (6 and 12 string)

Effects - Dan Electro Delay and Boss Tremolo

Amp - Fender Mini Twin

Fender_Mini_Twin_Amp.jpg

E394~The-Endless-Summer-Posters.jpg

• Members

What guitars did you use? What mic did you use on the mini amp?

Thanks guys :)

The 6 string is my Carvin Bolt-T (kit), and the 12-string is a guitar I built with a USA Custom Guitars body and neck, and Carvin electronics. I used the tail humbucker pickup, split for single coil on both.

The mic is a Carvin M50.

If anyone is interest in hearing that tune by the Sandals (or a dozen other bands), there are a lot of videos of it on YouTube.

• Members

Thanks guys
:)
The 6 string is my Carvin Bolt-T (kit), and the 12-string is a guitar I built with a USA Custom Guitars body and neck, and Carvin electronics. I used the tail humbucker pickup, split for single coil on both.

The mic is a Carvin M50.

If anyone is interest in hearing that tune by the Sandals (or a dozen other bands), there are a lot of videos of it on YouTube.

Im a Carvin player too and have always wanted to buy a Bolt kit. My worry was painting it. How did you paint yours ? Any pics ?

• Members

On the song, its pretty cool. I personally would have panned the instrument father apart. Make this tune as spacious as possible. Im also hearing some noise when the instruments peak. Gain too high ? Or is it just me
:)

No it's not just you, I'm not using the best software or recording gear, and I'm certainly not the best recording engineer ;) You can't listen too closely when listening to my stuff :lol:

As far as refinishing the guitar goes, it can be as easy or complicated as you want. Originally, I gave it a tung oil finish, which is what they recommend for beginners. It's kind of a low sheen, woody finish. You can't really mess that up. After a while, I put some poly urethane over it to make it more shiny, but recently, I sanded it down again, and refinished it with lacquer. That's more labor intensive due to the sanding, rubbing, and buffing you get into, but it's a "labor of love" for me. I've refinished a few guitars, and I'm starting to get better at it.

Here are pictures after the recent lacquer refinish:

0910093085CarvinBoltRefinished.jpg

The color is more accurate in the first picture.

0910093087CarvinBoltRefinished.jpg

This is a Fender Mustang clone that assembled and finished in lacquer:

CompletedMustang2.jpg

And this is my '64 Mustang that I refinished last summer, trying to get it back to it's original color, after refinishing it in several other colors since '68.

RefinishedMustang-2.jpg

Archived