OT: March 3, Gordon Lightfoot

LeftyTom

• Members

I was lucky enough to meet him back stage at the Weidner Center, here in Green Bay WI. about 12 years back. My wife set it up for me as a Wedding Anniversary present.

He is about the only person I can think of that I'd really like to meet. With most other performers, the music is enough. But i had to meet Mr. Lightfoot.

Most people are not aware of the love songs that he has written.

Amazing song writer.

• Members

I was lucky enough to meet him back stage at the Weidner Center, here in Green Bay WI. about 12 years back. My wife set it up for me as a Wedding Anniversary present.

He is about the only person I can think of that I'd really like to meet. With most other performers, the music is enough. But i had to meet Mr. Lightfoot.

Most people are not aware of the love songs that he has written.

Amazing song writer.

Wow, that's some wife you got there. That story almost gives me hope that marriage really can be a good thing.

Almost.

• Members

"Honor-system" GL trivia question (no Google/Wiki allowed):

-What was the title of the album upon which the song, "If You Could Read My Mind"
originally
appeared?

Couldn't answer that one - I had to look it up. I'll leave it to you to reveal the answer.

• Members

I knew of him and of course the Edmund Fitzgerald tune but my wife was a big fan before we got married and has seen

him live in concert.

She put on his greatest hits disc for me and it was like every damn song was a hit I remember being played on the radio, when artists actuallly had a level of quality where they would write hit after hit after hit.

Unique voice, obviously been around the block a time or two as well and interesting shifting acoustic guitar playing.

I'm comforted he's still around: my parents are both deceased now but I still remember being a kid and my parents driving up north in their '71 Chevy Nova back in 1974 and he'd be on the radio when those songs were new.

I don't know why but it's a comforting thing...

You go, Gord!

Archived