Neil Youngin' it with an Ibanez Artcore?

Hand Amputation

• Members

So I started another thread here about a semi/hollow with a Bigsby:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2552240

Which sparked my interest in this:

5b62hc.jpg

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-Artcore-Series-AF75TDGIV-SemiHollow-Electric-Guitar?sku=515742

Anyone have one? Any thoughts? Is the Ibanez "Bigsby" as good as a regular? Could I pull this off? (Close enough?? I'm poor!)

YoungNeil_bp.jpg

Thanks for reading this.

:thu:

• Members

Anyone have one? Any thoughts? Is the Ibanez "Bigsby" as good as a regular? Could I pull this off? (Close enough?? I'm poor!)

YoungNeil_bp.jpg

Thanks for reading this.

:thu:

GREAT GUITARS for the money - F A C T :idea:

Love my Artcore.

And after i replaced the stock pu's it sounds even more like Neil Young's Gretsch !

08122007093.jpg

...jut add TV Jones !

• Members

I've played and fallen in love with that AF75TDG-IV. Yes. Buy one. The neck was wonderful on the 3 different ones (at 3 different stores including one GC) I played. :thu:

The vibrato didn't knock them out of tune in the short time I was able to play them. Probably due in part to the bridge. Everything felt high-quality. :)

The stock pickups sounded a bit more raw than the ones in my AF125, not bad just different. :idk:

As for feedback, well, yeah you can get it. But it can easily be controlled with judicious palm-muting and stage placement. To be fair, you will experience that no matter what brand of hollowbody you choose. Unless the guitar is completely dead. :cry:

• Members

I played a 'custom' version of an Ibanez artcore about 3 years ago and it was absurdly good for its price when I really dug that hollow body tone. I instead bought the AGS83b which had a little less twang and better fret access, but even 3 years later I still use it as a back-up axe, albeit for more shred oriented music... The fretwork was pretty much impeccable on that thing when I got it, but nowadays the frets are as flat as pancakes and I fear there may not be enough material left to recrown :(

Archived