I saw Clapton last night and...

chuck1016

• Members

...good lord that old man can play! :D

His playing was right on, his voice was perfect, the whole band was polished. There was one "mistake" made that I thought was pretty funny. When they played Badge Eric started with the last verse. At the pause he hung his head and you could tell he was trying not to laugh. I thought for a second they were going to start over, but he just kept going from the first verse :)

I was impressed with the simplicity of his setup. He had his sig. strat and what looked like a Martin 000, two tweed combos (far as I could tell a 1x12 and a 4x10), and that's it. He spent 90% of the time on his strat in the middle position and used the boost nob for solos.

Daltrey was great too, but it was obvious they were still working out a few kinks. He made comments about the new monitor system they were using and so on. He interacted with the crowd a lot and seemed to be having a great time. Clapton didn't say anything more than Thank You! after a few songs.

Anyone else make it to that show?

• Members

Yep was there last night,have some pics I need to send to my e-mail & I'll post them. I have to tell you the show was excellent in all aspects except Clapton didn't say but a couple words and it was entirley to short. For the $270 each we dished out for tickets they had us packed in like sardines. RD played for about an hour and Clapton about an hour & a 1/2. The whole show was 2 & 1/2 hours. They both sounded great IMO & I am glad I got to see both of them live but for what we paid I'd rather have sat in the cheap seats. You had elbow room there. We were 4th row,almost center stage. Oh $7 for a can of beer:eek:

• Members

I saw Clapton in Austin years ago and it was called "A Night of Blues." Blues only for about 2 hours straight. He would just say thank you and move on to the next song. My wife said I sat on the edge of my seat with my mouth open the entire time and never said a word. LOL

I saw B.B. King a year ago this past November. His band was AMAZING!

Archived