NGD --- Extended Scale Content

blood5150

• Members

Got this on Wednesday....

Its the Agile version of the Fender Bass VI..... Came set up and tuned A-A...

It should be tuned E-E, but when I get some heavier strings I will have it set up for E-E... its a ton of fun to play.

May throw some new pickups in eventually....

Also for anyone thinking of ordering from Rondo, I ordered it with no case and it delivered perfectly fine....

p1030944.jpg

p1030946.jpg

p1030945t.jpg

• Members
:confused:
I don't think the string gauge info listed about the guitar accurate. Looks to me like it's a 30" baritone guitar and not a bass. The A tuning with 9-42/10-46 guitar strings is probably correct.

I don't see any way it could accept the gauges of strings listed on the product page. :eek: with the tuners shown,,,they are for guitar gauge strings_not the HEAVY bass gauge stuff listed.
http://www.rondomusic.com/arguslpb.html

• Members
The strings on it now are way heavier than 10-46. Another poster here got one and he set it up with an 84 on the lowest string. He did have to drill out that one tuner though.

So he turned it into a 30"short scale bass.
I guess you could do it but having to drill the tuner hole's larger wouldn't seem needed if was meant to use 24-84. :idk:

• Members
I don't think the string gauge info listed about the guitar accurate. Looks to me like it's a 30" baritone guitar and not a bass. The A tuning with 9-42/10-46 guitar strings is probably correct.

I don't see any way it could accept the gauges of strings listed on the product page.
:eek:
with the tuners shown,,,they are for guitar gauge strings_not the HEAVY bass gauge stuff listed.

9s or 10s tuned to A would be like playing spaghetti.

• Members

9s or 10s tuned to A would be like playing spaghetti.

I checked a 12 and 52 string tuned to A on a 30" scale and they worked fine. 13's might be better. 9-10's would definitely be too light for A.

Interesting guitar judging by the sounds I got.

• Members

I checked a 12 and 52 string tuned to A on a 30" scale and they worked fine. 13's might be better. 9-10's would definitely be too light for A.

Interesting guitar judging by the sounds I got.

I used to use 14-70s,which is actually a light gauge baritone set, on a 28 5/8 baritone and it was similiar to 10s on a LP.

• Members

I don't see any way it could accept the gauges of strings listed on the product page.
:eek:
with the tuners shown,,,they are for guitar gauge strings_not the HEAVY bass gauge stuff listed.

Doesn't surprise me at all - when I ordered my 8-string guitar from Rondo (tuned F#-E, 28.6" scale length) it was advertised as having 9-72 strings stock but the bass strings were quite clearly lighter than that....

• Members

Doesn't surprise me at all - when I ordered my 8-string guitar from Rondo (tuned F#-E, 28.6" scale length) it was advertised as having 9-72 strings stock but the bass strings were quite clearly lighter than that....

...same goes for the floppy 9's that came on my Agile 7. I always factor in a string change & setup with any online guitar purchase anyways; you never know how long it's been sitting around in some warehouse.

HNGD, blood5150. That looks awesome :thu:

Archived