NGD - cheap beater strat

peavey_impact

• Members

I've been needing a decent floyd'd cheapo backup guitar so when I found this for $99 in excellent condition I couldn't resist. I've always wanted a real deal USA made Valley Arts guitar but haven't found one with the specs I want for the right price, so I was naturally attracted to this axe. It's a MIK Samick/Valley Arts custom pro shop strat. The electronics are absolute garbage and the jury is still out on the licensed floyd because I don't have a bar that will fit it, but the overall quality of the body, neck/frets and tuning machines is surprisingly nice.

I actually have a brand new Schaller Floyd on the way to replace the old one on my Cali, so I'm hoping the old Schaller will drop-in to this guitar without much work....we shall see. I did a setup on the guitar this morning and the action is nice and low now - still needs a fret polish and new strings but I will wait to see if that Schaller will fit before I work on it any further. On to the shitty cell phone pics....

dd0de625.jpg

543e7624.jpg

f24f7209.jpg

• Members

Nice looking guitar anywho.

GFS has trem arms if you get to that point.

HNGD!!

Thanks mang!! :thu:

You know i just ordered a Crunchy PAT humbucker and new pots/jack for this guitar from guitarfetish; didn't even think about the trem arm :facepalm:

I'm not sure which one would fit anyway....i might bring it with me to my local shop and try a few that they have.

I've got a BG Blade and a Duncan Quarter Pound laying around for the middle/neck slots :rawk:

• Members

Yeah, those are pretty damn nice guitars. I have one of the non-Floyded Samick Valley Arts series guitars and absolutely LOVE the neck on it. Mine has a chunky-ish neck, but pretty short frets.

Crazy nice guitars for the money. :thu:

TLHNDGirl900.jpg

• Members

Yeah, those are pretty damn nice guitars. I have one of the non-Floyded Samick Valley Arts series guitars and absolutely LOVE the neck on it. Mine has a chunky-ish neck, but pretty short frets.

Crazy nice guitars for the money.
:thu:

TLHNDGirl900.jpg

Hell yeah! The neck is about the same thickness as my Cali's neck except slightly more round on the back. Very comfortable!

I actually just spent some more time with it and the single coils are actually pretty decent. The humbucker sounds gross though :lol:

• Members

Valley arts being involved in the design and no doubt the manufacturing must really mean something. I have teaching videos of Larry Carlton where he uses VA guitars and they are awesome guitars in his hands.

Congrats!

• Members

Valley arts being involved in the design and no doubt the manufacturing must really mean something. I have teaching videos of Larry Carlton where he uses VA guitars and they are awesome guitars in his hands.

Congrats!

Yeah original VA's are total :love::love::love:

I spent yesterday jamming on this axe and man those SC's are really something special.....I don't think I'll be changing them now! Bridge bucker is definitely getting replaced with the GFS Crunchy PAT though (who the hell is PAT anyway; what does that stand for :lol:) - I hope I like it.

Very very pleased with this lil axe - once I work on the electronics and slap some lighter strings on there I think it'll be a keeper. It certainly looks sexy as hell IMO :love:

c520175f.jpg

82734dcf.jpg

c5b060aa.jpg

Archived