Carvin Experiences

fly_with_v

• Members

Carvin is getting better and better.

I think customer support/service is still a mess but their guitars are better than ever.

The construction, fit, etc. are all A+

SS fretwork is A+

I bought my last one less than a year ago and they solved some of the problems I had.

New truss rod system = great neck stability

pickup covers made their humbuckers actually nice (if weak and kinda airy fairy sounding)

I still am not a fan of the neck profile on most guitars. Too wide at the nut for me.

But I gotta hand it to Carvin, they have their {censored} together as of 2009 onward.

P1010860.jpg

• Members

Mine, a year old, is EXCELLENT. Perfect neck and stainless steel fretjob. I'm still thrilled with mine. Only hesitation is the bridge pickup (C22B). I like it but I can't say I love it. But that's no show-stopper by any means and easily addressed.

• Members

I've owned old and new Carvins. The older one's (80's era) are the only ones I've kept, and they seem to have superior construction all around, in my experience. I think quality control has improved again though in the past few years. They are definately a cool company.

• Members

Carvin is incredible. They are the only "company" guitar that can come anywhere near the quality of my handbuilt customs. I got a STEAL on the two that I have, otherwise I may never have known how incredible Carvins truly are. Here's my CT6C and my Ultra V:

29pyio3.jpg

316b24z.jpg

• Members

The new ones are the best playing guitars I've ever owned. the setup/fretwork is as close to perfect as it gets. The new neck profile is my favorite as well.

I've been on a 25.5" scale bolt neck kick lately so my Warmoths are getting more play time, but I still love my Carvins. I also have an SX solid state head i bought as a backup/practice head while my Genz Benz was in the shop and I must say it's a ridiculous value at $269

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

• Members

I had a gorgeous vintage Koa DC200 that I sold a year and a half ago. It was always on my gas list...But the neck was WAY to beefy for me and I couldn't enjoy playing it at all.

I'd love to try one of their newer models, though. Some of the "shredders" I see on here are stunning.

• Members

I've had nothing but positive experiences with Carvin in the past 5 years.I've ordered 2 guitars which were amazing but unfortunately had to sell when i got divorced.I've had a Legacy for about a year,that i sold for a Mesa Stiletto,which i subsequently sold for my X100-b which i will probably never get rid of.

Right now i'm Gasing for a TL60:thu:

Archived