Sticky Jam #127 swing around the vocals AND Streaming Audio!

Frets99

Found a couple of classic BTs on the web that still have some vocals on them. Here's an exercise in being tasteful. No vocalist wants to be stepped on by the guitarist... or do we really care how they feel?...

Am I wanted? Great memory I have. This was either D or F or sumtin like dat

http://hcbts.arkay.de/hcbts/BonJovi-WantedDeadOrAliveVer%283%29.mp3

Whiter shade of wedding I believe this is in Bmin (Bmin A E) (A Bmin)(E D Bmin)

http://hcbts.arkay.de/hcbts/BillyIdol-WhiteWeddingVer%282%29.mp3

Feel free to continue posting in prior threads, or even posting from prior threads here as the prior threads rise and get buried. We don't all always see a prior one.

If anyone would like to take a shot at hosting the sticky jam for a week (or even more), give me a shout!

Listing of all previous HCEG Sticky Jams

Big thanks to Arkay for providing us the space to keep BT's and the terrific programming job that let's us see previous jams without cluttering this post!

The Annex, Home of the streaming audio for this Sticky Jam

Player for the streaming audio for this Sticky Jam

Have Fun!

• Members

here is my take on dead or alive... few bum notes but was too lazy to do another take =P

http://www.nathanielcurrier.com/tmp_files/stickyjams/sticky_127a.mp3

partcaster > diamond compressor > xotic bb > mesa electradyne combo pre clean mode > m13 digital delay > m13 hall verb > mesa electadyne combo power section (90w mode ) > celestion c90 mic'ed with sm57 > m-audio fast track ulta > garage band

here is my take on dead or alive... few bum notes but was too lazy to do another take =P

http://www.nathanielcurrier.com/tmp_files/stickyjams/sticky_127a.mp3

partcaster > diamond compressor > xotic bb > mesa electradyne combo pre clean mode > m13 digital delay > m13 hall verb > mesa electadyne combo power section (90w mode ) > celestion c90 mic'ed with sm57 > m-audio fast track ulta > garage band

Love that tone man. The bass notes tasted like metal tubes! Liked your take too. You got into the mystic mood of the music. Well played. :thu:

• Members

Had a go at the Billy Idol one.

Didn't quite know what to do with it...by the time I'd stuck some rhythm down there wasn't any space left for flash stuff, apart from maybe the middle, but I liked my long 1 sustained note bit!

So in the end I played for the song!

Thats my excuse anyway!

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8796531

Thanks as always for any listens or comments.

:thu:

Had a go at the Billy Idol one.

Didn't quite know what to do with it...by the time I'd stuck some rhythm down there wasn't any space left for flash stuff, apart from maybe the middle, but I liked my long 1 sustained note bit!

So in the end I played for the song!

Thats my excuse anyway!

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8796531

Thanks as always for any listens or comments.

Your invitation to join Billy Idol's new band should be in your mailbox any day now! A singer couldn't ask for a better lead track. Yes, I loved the note sustaining eternally! You stayed in the spirit of the song and accented it eloquently! :thu:

• Members

I've been listening to the backing tracks and I didn't think I could do anything with these since it would be too easy to want to go with how the original goes. Double that with the fact that I don't know either of these songs and so would have to figure out the key(s) etc and figure out how to mesh with the vocals

But listening to what you guys have done these sound actually like a lot of fun to try and play. I doubt I'll post anything but I might take a whirl at them ...if nothing else I might figure out how to play a couple more songs :wave:

The three of you all did something that was similar to the originals yet very uniquely yours...that was really cool :thu:

Wanted- boiled or deep fried.
:D

Did this on my Tokai Love Rock.

Thanks as always for listens and comments!

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8801081

I'm wanted, oh yea E yeah e yeah, boiled or deep fried!! :lol: Doing this on your Love Rock sounds dirty as all sin!! :p Beautiful man. Just beautiful. Perfect mix and your bits still sound like yourself! Loads of respect for the song and elevated it! :thu:

• Members
I'm wanted, oh yea E yeah e yeah, boiled or deep fried!!
:lol:
Doing this on your Love Rock sounds dirty as all sin!!
:p
Beautiful man. Just beautiful. Perfect mix and your bits still sound like yourself! Loads of respect for the song and elevated it!

And again, I thank you...much appreciated.

• Members

When there's vocals, I never know how much to just "follow the song"...

The first half, I pretty much stayed out of it except for the rhythm part... on the backend... I think I got a bit "impatient". :D

BonJovi'd... I mostly kept the original track in mind... hard not to since I've heard it a million times or so! :eek:

DOA.mp3

Thanks for putting up with this wankery! :D

M

When there's vocals, I never know how much to just "follow the song"...

The first half, I pretty much stayed out of it except for the rhythm part... on the backend... I think I got a bit "impatient".

BonJovi'd... I mostly kept the original track in mind... hard not to since I've heard it a million times or so!
:eek:

DOA.mp3

Thanks for putting up with this wankery!

M

Loved the roles the guitars played!! Under the BT. Over the BT. Very tastefully done and it rocks hard!! I'd pay to see you with BonJovi!!:thu:

I'm trying something with fellow forumite Krash. He has a website called The Annex and we've been working on some kind of streaming media for these sticky james.

If you go here, you will notice a streaming audio player near the top that also pops out. It will have our jams streaming one after the other.

I don't exactly know what directions to take this technology so I'm just testing it out. Let me know what you think.

• Members

I'm trying something with fellow forumite Krash. He has a website called The Annex and we've been working on some kind of streaming media for these sticky james.

If you go here, you will notice a streaming audio player near the top that also pops out. It will have our jams streaming one after the other.

I don't exactly know what directions to take this technology so I'm just testing it out. Let me know what you think.

AWESOME....

I am glad that idea that came about few weeks ago in a thread is catching on!!

Cool!!

Omar :thu:

• Members

Originally Posted by Frets99

Great idea and convienent for listening to all the jams though it scares me that more people might hear my playing

Just had a chance to listen to the jam.

DUDES KICK ASS!!!
:eek:

Frets - metalhead's "Wanted" is missing two minutes. I got the complete track off Soundclick. Can you u/l it again? Thx.

I'll check that out!

Must have been a momentary blip. :idk:I've heard it all the way through yesterday and today from the Annex player.

And yes there are some excellent players on this forum!! :)

• Members

Probably a glitch on my end. Using a dialup, sometimes d/ls are a crapshoot. Haven't been any problems with the player - mine's been running almost 2 months, and has over 200 titles on the current playlist. Hopefully there'll be enough interest here that you can get a lot more music on yours.

Think I'll fire up my Neezer tomorrow night, and take a run at these BTs.

Archived