21 fret guitar but the song I'm learning goes up to to the 22nd fret...What to do?

elsupermanny14

• Members

So I'm learning to play a new song except that I ran into a road block. The song goes all the way up to the 22nd fret but my Strat only has 21 frets. The song goes up to the high D. So what do I do? And please don't tell me to go buy a new guitar! Is there an equivalent D I can play somewhere else on the fretboard that will not sound too far off?

• Members

C# to D ;)

But as far as an equivalent D, what string is it intended to be played on? If it's anything other than the high E then there is an equivalent D, it might just be too awkward to reach. Bending is probably the easiest.

• Members

C# to D
;)

But as far as an equivalent D, what string is it intended to be played on? If it's anything other than the high E then there is an equivalent D, it might just be too awkward to reach. Bending is probably the easiest.

Yeah C# to D. My bad. I don't have any other option. It is the high D on the high E string that I am trying to hit except my guitar is a 21 fret so it only goes up to that C#.

It's the first time I have ever needed to use that particular note so hopefully it will not be too much of a problem as I move forward. If worst comes to worst I have a Squier that I put together which has 22 frets. I just don't like the feel, weight, and overall sound of the Squier.

Archived