Amplug Cabinet?

alfsboy

• Members

Is that how the amplug sounds too? The beer can, smokey and the amp that sticks out of your guitar all sound like garbage, but I was hoping this one might be better.

The Amplug it self sounds very good through headphones ,just like an AC30 IMHO .I can plug it into powered JBL speakers and it sounds very good indeed. especially with a Fender in front. Just wondered what the cab sounded like . Not actually expecting anything great but maybe ....

• Members

Curious about this myself. For $29.99 I'll give it a try... :wave:

Just found this promising review:

"i just got it. sounds amazingly good. acts like a small tubeamp. looks very nice too. now i have much better access to the pots of the plug and it is not flying around anymore. i can recommend it. turns the amplug into something much more useable, specially if you are not into wearing headphones. fun to play!"

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/amp-central-station/205169-vox-amplug-cabinet.html

• Members

I wasn't even aware these were on the market.

It looks pretty funky. I doubt the 3" speaker will make it sound very good, though :idk: but it's a nice addition to an Amplug.

FWIW, the Amplugs sound good for what they are -- headphone amps with one modeled sound. Use them with a decent set of earphones, and you'll get good results. A Strat through the AC30 has a nice, snarly sound to it with the gain dimed. I've used the AC30, Metal and Classic Rock versions and they don't sound artificial.

Archived