Made a little video of my Egnater Tweaker for anyone thinking about them

Lump

• Members

Finally got a little amp for that nice cabinet my aunt built me. Here a little vid I made showing my egnater tweaker. Sound quality isn't great, but it's a camcorder mic from 4 feet away so listen knowing it actually sounds alot better than this. first part is just clear tone, last part is just messing with the switches with it dirty. Going to take a while to figure out where the sweet spot is, but I really like it, very versatile.

http://www.vimeo.com/11222583

• Members

Yes, I really like it. I've got to try and find some time to do a little recording with a real mic, I'll try to get some clips with the mids higher up.

Of course it makes me want to start getting pedals, but I pretty much assumed that before I got it. :)

• Members

Sure, if it helps you guys in deciding if you like them or not I'll do some more clips. It will have to wait for the weekend, I have three young daughters and I've been stuck on mandatory overtime for more than a year now, so time is less than plentiful. And I want to take a little time and actually get out my SM57 so it's not the camcorder mic.

• Members

I'm still not sure if this could do the Vaux thing convincingly, but it's hardly a deal breaker. This is probably the coolest amp for recording too. I'm not looking for an amp right now, but this into a Tourmaster 2X12 would be excellent, I'll have to remember that.

Do you mind sharing more info about the cab?

• Members
Cool aunt, is the back plate designed to go easily from closed to open? Looks like it.
:thu:

The middle section of the back isn't closed, it's "stealth". It is a frame with the front grill cloth material over it so it gives a clean closed look but gives the partially open tone. She's a sneaky aunt.

• Members

I concur, that is indeed a one.

Oh and I'll see your CS Lewis and raise you one.
Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it.
CS Lewis

• Members

Ok, I took another go of it last night and used the sm57. Here is a clip of what there manual suggested as a starting place for an AC tone, and then some dirty tones with more mids and less gain.

Used a Xaviere strat this time (which was unfortunate since I've not played it in a couple of months) so you'd get to hear a range of tones over the two vids.

http://vimeo.com/11285863

• Members

Listen to how gritty and responsive that thing is! You make excellent demos, mister. That would probably be my ultimate amp. Is there a boost or mode switch via footswitch like with the Mesa Electro-Dyne? That would be the ultimate.

I could listen to you play all day long with those mids dialed up like that. :wave::love:

• Members

Listen to how gritty and responsive that thing is! You make excellent demos, mister.

dude that's hilarious, must be dumb luck. That's the first thing I've ever recorded with a mic, I just hung it down the front of the cab offer center. I actuall left a tiny bit of the cam corder mic in because it added a little sparkle. Seriously, I don't the slightest clue what I'm doing. But thanks!

And I shall let Aunty know, she'll like hearing that. =)

• Members

I'm just a beginner on the gear videos, I've not yet mastered the "talking for have the video" nuances. Now making music videos of my kids adventures.....now THERE I've got some experience. =)

Archived